I feel sorry for you Californians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
Semper Fi!

Stationed on Camp Pendleton summer price gas was $4.89 (cheap gas) $5.09 (premium) a gallon.

Semper Fi Y'all! I was stationed at El Toro for 6 years in the 80's and 90's went back out to LA this past May WHooooooEEEEEEEee! what a difference.
Visited a budy who lives in the Camarillo area. Nope, no thanks. Loved the weather, the activities ( beaches, night clubs, amusement parks, In-n-Out, etc.) but, I too will deal with PA winters and such.

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
I was stationed at MCAS(H) Tustin in 1976 With MABS-16 MAG -16. And was TAD at MCAS El Toro for Motor Transport school. Was stationed in Camp Hansen with 2/4 Marines .And was on different MEU`s. Then to Camp Pendleton with Base Motor Transport .Then with 7th Engineers. I was given the Choice when I got back from Okinawa to go to the Bahamas for Embassy Duty. Or stay there .And "Play Cars" . I chose the latter.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Look. I was born & raised in California. Grew up in NorCal, currently live in SoCal (Orange County to be specific.) I’ll be the first to admit there’s a lot of f***ed up $#!+ about our state. And it’s certainly not easy to be a gearhead and follow all the rules (for those that care.)

But let’s not forget a lot of the hot rod and custom culture started in California. Edelbrock, K&N, and dozens of other car-related companies are based here. In terms of the roads bringing clogged with Corollas, Priuses and anonymobiles, I don’t disagree. But there is a vibrant enthusiast culture out here if you know where to look.

Reactions: 3 users

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
That is the main reason I stayed in California .and spent the majority of my time there. I could of gone to the Bahamas instead, I enjoyed my time there ..My friends all had muscle cars .(1969 Trans Am 1969 AMX and a street rod to name Going to Orange County International .Riverside and Carlsbad Race ways .Cuise Van Nuys boulevard, They has Super Shops and Service Center there .Along with all the aftermarket manufactures .

Attachments

• image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 105
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I worked in Mojave desert for a while, near Edwards Air Force base, and I had a blast, lots of old cars and took a few trips to LA when they were testing the aircraft for a few days. LA was busy but the things you see there you don't see anywhere else.

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
I used to roll around Orange County in a 1974 Cutlass Salon! I arrived in late 1983 and just missed Orange County Raceway. Went to Bakersfield and LACR a few times. Even the swap meets in Pomona.
Can't beat the weather.!

Reactions: 1 users

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
I watch the races at OCIR in 1976-78-9 while in the Marine Corps .And also been to Carlsbad and Riverside as well. I had a 1973 Nova SS Hatchback 4 speed car. It was fun while I was down there.

Attachments

• image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 106
Nov 4, 2012
Just got back from a week in California ( West Hollywood to be exact ) where my girlfriend lives. My God, how do you guys live there?! Seriously?

Parking is atrocious. Traffic is a joke. Prices are ridiculous. Trying to do anything is a major chore. I'm SOOO glad to be back home in rural Ohio!

Yeah the weather's great there and I personally hate the snow but this winter I'll be happily outside making snow angels naked knowing I don't live in or anywhere near LA!

BTW, number of classic cars I've seen during my week there; zero. Yep ZERO! But hey why have a classic car in LA anyway considering you can't drive it more than 30mph due to traffic and you have to keep it parked on the street all the time. For almost $5 for 'premium' gas, I suppose it's for the best.....

I can't respond to this thread with my actual opinion, or I'd have a post with enough political content to get me banned 10 times over. So I'll tone it down and just say I'm not a big fan of California either.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
To each his own .Traffic is getting worse everywhere. And it does snow in the Las Angeles area as well.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I can't respond to this thread with my actual opinion, or I'd have a post with enough political content to get me banned 10 times over. So I'll tone it down and just say I'm not a big fan of California either.

tell us how you really feel......:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor