I feel sorry for you Californians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I went to Colorado once. That was too close to California for me.

• Haha
  • Happy
Reactions: 6 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Geez . . . tough crowd. Between the earthquakes, yearly fires, and then mudslides, I think CA can get cut a break.

But, I'm old enough to remember when most aftermarket car parts were developed and came from there. Wines that rival the best from anywhere. Still a great place to visit IMO . . . when it's not burning. Which sadly seems to be rarer and rarer each year. I know lots of great people there. Lots of fun things to do. Great live music if you know the right spots? Never saw Disneyland. Could care less. Always have a great time.

Still remember a friend Jerry the first time I went out there, in like '78, drove me clear out in the desert as it was getting close to sunset and, though I didn't mind, not much to see in the desert so I was kinda wondering the point? Between the stars as I've never seen them before and absolutely NO noise, it seemed initially almost eerie is was so beyond quiet. You could hear your heart beat. But we just got out, sat on the hood, polished off 2 six packs and he said "Garth, this is called therapy". I come out here at least once a month to just get the heat off my noodle.

The world . . . is beyond crowded period. New York City? I had been there MANY times for work but the wife never had and, despite my health challenges, I managed to get the wife there and back last year for her 60th. Since she's a HUGE Carol King fan, I scored tickets to "Beautiful" at the Sondheim then managed to see Steely Dan at the Beacon which was her treat to me though she loved it too, the ground zero memorial of course. Unfortunately that was about all the energy I had. Short 3 day, 2 night thing. Glad we went . . . even though people were tripping over each other every single place we went.

Been to Houston or Dallas lately? I like Texas too though and always have a good time down there . . .

We spend as much time as possible at the cabin in Colorado but always hit the masses in Denver or the Springs to get weed, I mean, see people we know and always plenty to do, hear, and see while there.

There are certain times traffic is a mess in Wichita, Ks. And thanks to fracking and waste water injection, we now have more earthquakes here than CA does.

I'm apparently just too damn old and mellowed out to hate these places because of traffic and being crowded . . .

Now get the HELL off my lawn, damn it! :rant:

• Haha
  • Friendly
Reactions: 3 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
This just in; my girlfriend's roommate just got his car stolen from Korean Town area. He just bought it a couple months ago. I woulda thought it would've been perfectly safe having it parked in the safety of the street and all....

Hope he gets it back in one piece. They'll probably find it and fine him for it or make him get an expensive permit to get it back...

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
No offense taken. To be honest, if I didn’t have family and roots here, I probably would have left long ago. Family and the justifiably famous weather are the only things keeping me here.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
No offense taken. To be honest, if I didn’t have family and roots here, I probably would have left long ago. Family and the justifiably famous weather are the only things keeping me here.

Yeah, you can't pick where you are from. I sure as hell wish I wasn't from Pittsburgh. But at the same time I'm not about to pack up and leave either. My family is here and has been for a long time. I like some things here, the nature and the hunting mostly.

Reactions: 1 user

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Well that's the problem. There's more than one California, but only one state gov'ment. Once in a while someone floats the idea of splitting it up, but of course never gets anywhere.

Might be a bit of an exaggeration to call it a "dystopia," but there are definitely issues where it tends in that direction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor