I have 2 things i need help with

Status
Not open for further replies.

1985_mcss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 12, 2009
1st thing,

Lately i have been noticeing with i go over a small pot hole or hit a bump a loud noise is heard n the isinde of my car. almost like something i loose under the hood. i have checked and see nothing. the noise is like a loud thud(dont know if i spelt that right) any help i would appreciate it.

2nd thing,

When i turn my A/C or heater on lately it draws alot from my car some times to the point where is dies or just idles like crap at a light. Any ideas what this could be.

Thanks

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
to the 1st thing, its more than likely in your steering or suspension. get it up in the air and play around a bit. could also be loose exhaust.

and to the 2nd thing, sounds like a sever parasitic draw. your blower motor is prolly going out. taking toooo much power to use. get a voltmeter, and the help from a respectably smart person to help you run some electrical testing. good luck and dont give up.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Check your body mounts for the clunk if you find nothing suspension wise out of order.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
good point oldsmoletick.

1985_mcss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 12, 2009
Thanks for everyones input. i had the car up this weekend and the shocks are original and the car has 110,000 on it so i need to change those.. sway bar links are new since i put a f-41 sway bar up front. i think i need new bushing all around and i may be due for some suspension. ill keep you posted.

as for the a/c i didnt get that looked at yet.

thanks again

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Oldsmoletick said:
Check your body mounts for the clunk if you find nothing suspension wise out of order.

X2. I have one completely missing and it makes a clunk noise when going over bumps :lol:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Im not tryin to steal a post but I also have a loud thud that I can hear and feel in the floor when im just about to come to a complete stop. Idk if its the samething your experiencing . . .

sickolds

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2010
ball joints or A arm bushings will cause all kinds of noises if worn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor