I have the source to get G body parts manufactured

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hello all,

I am new to this forum since i am the proud new owner of an 81 Cutty. I guess you can say that I am officially addicted.

I beleive that this body style is the last RWD body style to hit the muscle car arena. Today I am in Motor City meeting with various suppliers and manufacturers about business. I believe that we need a patch rust repair source as is available with other models from the 60's and 70's. I want to be the one to get this party started.

You ask for it and I have the ability to get it manufactured. All I need to know is what we all need. My car is solid exempt for the doors. I am tired of paying dumb prices and non availabiltiy for certain items. If I start this push other items as interior and trim will follow. We need to create the demand.

What do we need?

Most rust patch panels are already available through various suppliers.

Whom and at what price?

Are you aware that most raw material costs for the rocker panels is approx $5

This is domestice Manufacturers here not China stuff.

Outer rear wheelweels for my 85 cutlass was the big holdup on my build, Only ones I could find was for a Monte. Ended up fabricating what I needed.

try manufacturing chrome plastic trim

doors i believe are the main problem are athat almost everyone runs into. rocker panels sometimes as well. lower a pillars. some people also have issues with around the quarter windows.

Well, have at it.
Lower quarters, rockers, wheel wells, floor pans, lower door skins, fenders, headers, bumper covers already are available but are made of Chineesium (those people are destroying this country behind your back... BTW)
Having quality grade steel used and MADE IN AMERICA would be awesome.
Full doors (probably a long shot), rockers, fenders and Quarters pressed exactly to how GM made them would be the way to go if your gonna do it. Floors, wheel wells, some inner panels such as the lower quarter area, inner rocker area are also prone to rust.

Most of the interior plastic is reproduced already, A/B pillars, T-top, Lower door panels, rear package trays.
If your gonna bother with the interior try reproducing ORIGINAL style fabric that matches the color exactly. This is one of the biggest problem areas with these cars and the most needed if your gonna bother reproducing anything.

Exterior wise, lenses, grilles and the side impact molding on Cutlasses (its available but is dimensionally wrong and textured). Uncracked Reverse lights on Cutlasses are impossible to find and to do them right you need to have the Vacuum metalized chrome border, no paint or stick on mylar...

There's big money to be made, just no one in this country has the capital or the will to get off their *ss anymore... pretty sad. Thanks Bill Clinton for selling America to China :evil:

How about reasonably priced ABS bumper fillers? You can find cheap fiberglass, but I feel like I'm getting robbed when it comes to the ABS pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor