I Made a GoFundMe Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Title says it all. Long story short, as you all know my car bit the dust again. It is my first car, and it's like part of the family. Something most of, if not all of you don't know, is that shortly after my car broke down again, my stepdad who is recovering from Multiple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer) had a few seizures, one at home and one at the hospital. He is getting better, but he is forbidden by law to drive anywhere for anything. If he is caught driving there would be serious consequences, even worse he could have another seizure behind the wheel with my sisters and brother in the car. I ask you guys to help me out not as a greedy, broke 18 year old, but as a broke 18 year old who is tired of seeing his mother worked to the bone trying to support a 6 person family on a single 9-5 job, while being the only person in my house that is legally able to drive, while also having a vehicle. And before you comment, yes I have been looking for a job. I've been looking since August in fact. General Stores, super markets, fast food joints, hardware, video game, electronic stores, you name it; I've applied and had interviews. Not a single one has ended in success, but I'm still trying as I type this. I don't expect to get anywhere near my goal, most of which will go towards helping my parents out as much as possible until I graduate highschool and can get an actual full time job, but any donated at all will be a huge help. I feel like an *ss asking for what is basically a hand out, but it's one of the only options I have left. The page itself is titled "Help Me Fix My First Car".

Thanks for reading.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Life at times can drop a big hammer on us over and over again. It can test your character, determination, and motivation in the goals you set or desire in life. No matter how tough it gets you can get through it.

Being still in HS can make it tougher to get a job but keep trying and something will eventually come your way. Might even be part time to start, but it gets your foot in the door. I remember a few who would not hire my niece or nephew while they were in HS because they felt all they wanted to do was party or would quit when they went to college. Huh? They were not applying to be rocket scientists! They finally got lucky with one working for a grocery store and the other for retail. Both kept their jobs into college because they transferred to stores near their campus. They also had a hard time finding jobs but they just kept trying and one went a year looking before the hire.

Good luck with the go fund me page. Hope your step dad gets better soon. Just remember there is nothing wrong asking for help. Every family goes through something at one time or another. Every day has some kind of challenge. Just take a deep breath and it will get better soon.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
If you cant get a job any of the places you've applied you should look into what you yourself can improve upon.

Those places you've applied often hire almost retards. Being not a retard there is something else you're doing wrong..

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
If you cant get a job any of the places you've applied you should look into what you yourself can improve upon.

Those places you've applied often hire almost retards. Being not a retard there is something else you're doing wrong..
I really don't know what it is, if I am doing anything wrong. Ever interview I have I'm always sure to shower before hand, get a haircut a few days before, I always am polite and answer any questions with certainty. They always go well. I almost always make the interviewers laugh or at least giggle, the women especially. I really don't know why it's so damn hard for me to get a job, but I see the retarded stoners my cousins hang out with get jobs that pay 20 bucks/hr left and right, and lose them immediately. It infuriates me to no end.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I really don't know what it is, if I am doing anything wrong. Ever interview I have I'm always sure to shower before hand, get a haircut a few days before, I always am polite and answer any questions with certainty. They always go well. I almost always make the interviewers laugh or at least giggle, the women especially.

you are not forgetting to get dressed after your shower I hope...:D

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
you are not forgetting to get dressed after your shower I hope...:D
Oh shoot, was I supposed too? Maybe that's why the women were laughing....

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you have a sense of humor so that's a good character trait, is it possible to talk to interviewers to ask them why you were not given the job. It's hard to know if there is something you can do to improve your chances if you don't get any feedback

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
I toned down my reply a bit. But first of all, pick up a news paper and apply for one of those sales/no experience required jobs. They have no requirements and will hire anyone. That's what i did in high school for min wage till i found something better.

Next, if your Buick 350 thread is any indication i can see how it's difficult for you to grasp fault in anything you do. If you'renot getting hired, it is something you're doing wrong. Figure it out and fix it. You're a big boy now.

Finally, I'm sorry your dad is ill and your mom works so hard but it's a little irritating to read "started a begging for money page cuz my dad's got cancer so i can build my hotrod". Like seriously dude? I thought you were asking for help for your dad, but not so it seems.

If you were really sick of your mom working 9-5 you'd sell your car to help support her.

Take a good hard look at yourself and get a job.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Finally, I'm sorry your dad is ill and your mom works so hard but it's a little irritating to read "started a begging for money page cuz my dad's got cancer so i can build my hotrod". Like seriously dude? I thought you were asking for help for your dad, but not so it seems.
This is why I've never done this type of thing before. I had a gut feeling there'd be someone with the sentiment "suck it up. You're not trying hard enough. Get a job you lazy jackass." It's not even about building a hotrod I've been there, done that. I just wanted my car to work again so I could drive my sisters and brother to school. So I could drive myself to a potential job. Employers tend to look down on an 18 year old who has to get rides to get to work. I've had three of the straight up tell my they saw me get out of my mom's car and that not having reliable transportation would be a problem. It's driving me insane being stuck in my house day in and day out. It's not just for me, it's to help the rest of my family. And as I said, any money that's raised a good chunk of it will go towards helping out with paying bills. I have an interview at Oreilly's in 55 minutes so let's see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor