I need an electric cooling fan? Help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
I am shopping for a fan,and am becoming more confused by the minute. How many C.F.M. ? What diameter? Single or dual? Push or pull? Curved or Strait blades? It appears that I can spend $50-$300, But I don't want to spend more than necessary. What factors determine?

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
Good think you brought this up. I need some info as well

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Most people just pull them out of Intrepids and MKVIII's at the junkyards...

What's wrong with a good ol' mechanincal fan?
A 7-blade fan with a new HD thermo-clutch should be just fine...

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
the reason im thinking electric is. A cleaner look. better cooling at low r.p.m. (city cruising). easier than fabbing a shroud for my custom radiator.

stuntn100

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2010
like he said the easiet is just get one outta intrepid

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
how woudl you go about hooking one up like which connection would you plug it into and whats the best way to go about installing one?

sickolds

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2010
i got mine from a 1996 ford t bird with a relay kit from summit it cools perfect :D

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
stuntn100 said:
like he said the easiet is just get one outta intrepid
seems like the easiest would be grabbing a $65 kit and having everything needed EBAY item #230525539905 I guess my question is what is required in terms of air flow?

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
I paid about $22.00 for my dual Intrepid fans from pick and pull. My engine compartment looks a lot cleaner with them because they are slim & the motors don't stick eat out like other fans. They work great & my engine temp. never goes above 190 degrees. Instead of buying a relay kit I made my own & wired everything up. The bad about these fans is they pull a lot of power. At idle & stop n go it was hard for my stock alternator to keep up with the demand for power and my voltage would drop to about 10 volts. After doing a little research I ended up doing a alternator swap to the cs144 now I don't have any problems & the voltage stay at 13.7 at idle with the elec cooling fans, blower motor on high, radio blasting &headlights on.

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
veltboy314 said:
I paid about $22.00 for my dual Intrepid fans from pick and pull. My engine compartment looks a lot cleaner with them because they are slim & the motors don't stick eat out like other fans. They work great & my engine temp. never goes above 190 degrees. Instead of buying a relay kit I made my own & wired everything up. The bad about these fans is they pull a lot of power. At idle & stop n go it was hard for my stock alternator to keep up with the demand for power and my voltage would drop to about 10 volts. After doing a little research I ended up doing a alternator swap to the cs144 now I don't have any problems & the voltage stay at 13.7 at idle with the elec cooling fans, blower motor on high, radio blasting &headlights on.
Got pics? I'm doing a frame off and want all to look right. I would like to see your setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor