I NEED HELP, I AM SOOO LOST **UPDATE 2/5/07**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baltimore86CL

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2007
Baltimore MD
OK, i need some help or somebody to point in in a good direction.

I have an 86CL with the 4.3 V6, when i got the car from my aunts house in VA the car drove fine. i actually drove it onto the rollback. It sat for a few months with me starting it now and then. I moved it when the shop i work at moved and since then it hasnt started. I know its not getting spark. I have replaced the coild, dist cap, rotor, wires, plugs and ignition module. The rotor is definatly turning and the coil and module both have power. Does anyone have any insight on this problem. I am borrowing my shops reader saturday, but is there anything i should check out that maybe i overlooked???

Monnie

Check the wiring. Is there power going into the dist? Did you pinch or break a wire along the way? Sounds like something is grounded that shouldn't be.

Is there a kill switch somewhere that went bad? Any other alarm?

check the pick up coil that's in the distibutor..make sure none of the wires are broken..

tried pulling the codes off the computer, no codes, just the initial code 12. I noticed when i pulled the cap off the inside was quite rusty and just didnt look good. So i went and bought a new distributer, $100 hopefully well spent. Started pulling the old one out and it decided to start snowing, so this task will have to wait until later

Is that 4.3 is a Fuel Injected? Check the connection at the gas tank. If it has one wire plug or 3/4 wires plug. 3/4 wires plug is F.I.

If so. Just check if the pump in the tank is getting power?
Unplug the connection from the tank see if it is getting power.while under the car. Have someone turn the key on the on position. Not the Crank Position. hold and check for about 2 seconds. And have the person turn it off. Because the fuel pump only primers the system for 2 seconds. Need to try again.

This is just one way. Good Luck

GBodyShop said:
Is that 4.3 is a Fuel Injected? Check the connection at the gas tank. If it has one wire plug or 3/4 wires plug. 3/4 wires plug is F.I.

If so. Just check if the pump in the tank is getting power?
Unplug the connection from the tank see if it is getting power.while under the car. Have someone turn the key on the on position. Not the Crank Position. hold and check for about 2 seconds. And have the person turn it off. Because the fuel pump only primers the system for 2 seconds. Need to try again.

This is just one way. Good Luck

the injectors are spraying gas, and it wont even start with starting fuid. Tried replacing the distributer, still nothing, I am sooo damnlost now, everything in the ignition is new, and still no spark

if you have everything in the ignition new and no spark then it's got to be there's no power feeding the distributor...

pontiacgp said:
if you have everything in the ignition new and no spark then it's got to be there's no power feeding the distributor...

the pink wire has 12volts when the ignition is on. Are they any other wires to check for power????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor