I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
DoubleV said:
...Are people really that dumb or are they just so lazy they can't be bothered posting in an intelligent manner? Has the level of education slipped that bad in this country? ....

They can be either lazy or just terrible spellers (the problem is when we get a person on here who is both). My wife is a teacher, education has slipped. There is much less discipline in schools than when I was a kid, and today's kids don't read as much anymore. Good readers are generally good writers. I need to remind myself that some of these posters are probably just teenagers.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
LS1GN said:
They can be either lazy or just terrible spellers (the problem is when we get a person on here who is both). My wife is a teacher, education has slipped. There is much less discipline in schools than when I was a kid, and today's kids don't read as much anymore. Good readers are generally good writers. I need to remind myself that some of these posters are probably just teenagers.

I blame the stupidity of the kids who are happy to go through their lives stupid! :wink: Your wife must be sick to here stomach having to deal with these idiots today....

But hey, as long as everybody has the latest new 'super i smart cell phone' then who cares if you're stupid right?

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
DoubleV said:
LS1GN said:

I blame the stupidity of the kids who are happy to go through their lives stupid! :wink: Your wife must be sick to here stomach having to deal with these idiots today....

But hey, as long as everybody has the latest new 'super i smart cell phone' then who cares if you're stupid right?
Well, from where I come from, kids are simply a product of their parents....so I blame them...not the kids. Parents these days dont have any backbone...they are too weak and they spoil their kids and are more concerned about their kids being happy instead of them being prepared....just my opinion

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Time for the mods to do their thing and lock this...lets not let this become GBodyCentral.com!!! I'm not here for this nonsense...and if I piss some of you off, oh well YOU WILL GET OVER IT...JUST PUTTING THAT OUT THERE!! 8)

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
fine by me....

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
bill said:
Well, from where I come from, kids are simply a product of their parents....so I blame them...not the kids. Parents these days dont have any backbone...they are too weak and they spoil their kids and are more concerned about their kids being happy instead of them being prepared....just my opinion

No doubt, but I think it's harder nowadays to raise a kid properly due to both parents working or being single parents. The schools don't give a crap either ( or can't really do anything if they did ). Then there's the extreme cases where a parent can't even discipline their own kids because if you even attempt to hit them they'll just call Child Services on you and have you arrested :roll: . When I was a kid and did something wrong, I got whipped with a belt. Guess what...I learned to stop doing stupid things!

JBreu said:
Time for the mods to do their thing and lock this...lets not let this become GBodyCentral.com!!! I'm not here for this nonsense...and if I piss some of you off, oh well YOU WILL GET OVER IT...JUST PUTTING THAT OUT THERE!! 8)

Geez, take it easy. No one's pointing any fingers at anybody in particular so what's the problem? It's not againsts the rules posting about something/someone getting on your last nerve as long as you don't cross the line.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
DoubleV said:
No doubt, but I think it's harder nowadays to raise a kid properly due to both parents working or being single parents. The schools don't give a crap either ( or can't really do anything if they did ). Then there's the extreme cases where a parent can't even discipline their own kids because if you even attempt to hit them they'll just call Child Services on you and have you arrested :roll: . When I was a kid and did something wrong, I got whipped with a belt. Guess what...I learned to stop doing stupid things!
yeah...both parents have to work to pay for the extra car, larger house, day care, private schools, and college tuition....and because the average pay for the middle class hasnt kept up with the cost of living for the last 30 yrs...

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
seems like we've become an over paranoid and over sensitive society...
there's no discipline in the schools because they are facing law suits and public ridicule and judgement. In my day, you came home with a bad grade or a note from a teacher, you were questioned. Today, you come home with a bad grade or note, the teacher is questioned.

I think Bill said it very well... parent's trying to make kids happy instead of trying to prepare them. Get so caught up in trying to provide a better life for the kids, but forget to teach them what to do when things go wrong.

Civil obedience and social manners have taking a dive. We're diving further into a virtual world. It's the information age, we're bombarded with advertisements and data and the latest gadgets... yet we're getting dumber? We've just become live-stock for marketing companies who buy and sell our personal information for profit.

the school system has taken a sh*t because where do you think political funding is? Canadian hospital waiting times are at an all time high. And health care in one of the best countries in the world is rated 58th... but we're busy debating how much money we should spend on F37 jet fighters.

... oh dear... now we're back to politics :puke:

but more on subject... check out this documentary "To Hell with Manners" with John Curtin

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Well Said Khan...There are no losers anymore...kids are taught that losing is bad, but they are never told that they lost. When I was a kid, the only graduation was from 12th grade. Now kids are graduating from kindergarden, elementary, junior high....blah blah blah ....its a joke. Kids need to learn that life isnt perfect and that you lose more than you win...and that you should learn from the losses. Kids cant ride a bike without a helmet, cant skateboard on the sidewalks w/out being harrassed by the cops, cant play ball outside cause somebody might kidnap them....yep....paranoia has taken hold of our society and it sells ads on the networks that pump it out to us everyday.....its all a real shame if ya ask me...

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
bill said:
Well Said Khan...There are no losers anymore...kids are taught that losing is bad, but they are never told that they lost. When I was a kid, the only graduation was from 12th grade. Now kids are graduating from kindergarden, elementary, junior high....blah blah blah ....its a joke. Kids need to learn that life isnt perfect and that you lose more than you win...and that you should learn from the losses. Kids cant ride a bike without a helmet, cant skateboard on the sidewalks w/out being harrassed by the cops, cant play ball outside cause somebody might kidnap them....yep....paranoia has taken hold of our society and it sells ads on the networks that pump it out to us everyday.....its all a real shame if ya ask me...
Spot on to you and Khan....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor