I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
khan0165 said:
would this be a bad time to mention I'm from the '80s? Born and raised in the middle east...

Not at all...and Im not surprised by your intellect....most people I have had conversations w/ from the Mid East are pretty smart people...very history minded and open minded. I am surprised at the age though...you seem older than that....but its a good thing to be wise at a young age....lol.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
JBreu said:
I'm all about having a good time and things like that, but not at the expense of the less fortunate. I see that this thread started about people posting in a non-intelligent manners to some of us members..But who is to say that the poster himself or herself isn't the moset educated, or maybe from another country and they write words how they say them? Maybe they aren't as fortunate as you and I...But to carry on or mock the way people speak isn't that cool....I agree that sometimes it's a pain in the a$$ but we don't know the story with that poster....then the thread gets carried away with parenting and all that....Opinions are opinions. As a Parent, I teach my children that if they don't have anything nice to say about that person, then don't say anything at all....Now this is only my opinion, not a "suggestion". 8)

Sorry, but I dont recall any names or fingers being pointed at anyone in particular. We live in a society that coddles failure rather than supporting success. We live in a society that glorifies wrong doing and makes fun of the right way. So, as far as I am concerned, demonstrating disgust with poor communication skills isnt a bad thing...to the contrary...it is a good thing and it shows that there is a right way and a wrong way to communicate in public. Learn it...or be forever left in the dark...thats my slant.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
JBru is right, as OP, I shouldn't make fun of people. My bad.

Allow me to rephrase:
When seeking free automotive mechanical advice, it would be beneficial to take the extra time to explain the problem/issue in the most accurate and succinct way possible. Even bad spellers can try to be clear and descriptive. Diagnosis is challenging enough without the added challenge of deciphering your English.

I must add though, that my sardonic approach seemed to better convey (as well as illustrate) this issue in a humorous fashion. One could argue that the use of humor is apropos.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
LS1GN said:
JBru is right, as OP, I shouldn't make fun of people. My bad.

Allow me to rephrase:
When seeking free automotive mechanical advice, it would be beneficial to take the extra time to explain the problem/issue in the most accurate and succinct way possible. Even bad spellers can try to be clear and descriptive. Diagnosis is challenging enough without the added challenge of deciphering your English.

I must add though, that my sardonic approach seemed to better convey (as well as illustrate) this issue in a humorous fashion. One could argue that the use of humor is apropos.

I would concur with your sediments. However, in todays overall mindset, a simple explanation or complaint doesnt go very far without some shock and awe, or reduntant humor to push it further along. This topic isnt about lifestyle or culture, its simply about communication skills, and the frustration of dealing with those who havent learned them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor