I need some ideas about 4x10's

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
I, would like to put four 4x10 speakers on my rear deck but i need a few ideas on how to do it.

Just get the 6x9 adapters at Crutchfield, it'll sound better.

I agree. When I changed the deck on mine, I had initially found some nice 4x10s and replaced my originals but the sound quality still wasn't there. So I bought 6x9 adapters off of ebay and changed them over on mine. Sounds waaaaay betterthan the 4x10s did. 😀

Sorry to highjack this thread, but do you ever have any problems with the adapters rattling? Or is it a pretty solid setup?

I currently have my cutlass interior striped and I'm laying down sound deadening material and was wondering If I had to cover the speaker adapters?

ascates said:
Sorry to highjack this thread, but do you ever have any problems with the adapters rattling? Or is it a pretty solid setup?

I currently have my cutlass interior striped and I'm laying down sound deadening material and was wondering If I had to cover the speaker adapters?

All of the ones I've seen mount underneath the rear deck. I've been lucky enough to be able to manipulate the factory wire hangers enough to use them. The 4x10's use screws to mount to the adapters.

I just typed it in on ebay so you can get an idea what they look like. There's a few different styles you can go with.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=4x10+a ... m270.l1313

you could also do something like this
IMG_0201.jpg

swaggasaur said:
you could also do something like this
IMG_0201.jpg

I, like that and yes i guess i will go with 6x9 like everyone says to do but how did you do this??

G-Body_Vet said:
ascates said:

I just typed it in on ebay so you can get an idea what they look like. There's a few different styles you can go with.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=4x10+a ... m270.l1313

That's the type of adaptors I have in my 442, haven't had any problem with any rattling.

However, I must say I do like that rear side panel mount for the speakers too, I've never thought of that, never seen that before...NICE!! 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor