I survived COVID19

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
I bet I've been through it last x-mas. I was down with all the symptoms and infections for 3 weeks. It all was before Covid was even considered a problem outside China. My boss brought it into the company as he came back from China about a week before it struck me and 2 of my co-workers over x-mas.
I'm a high risk patient due to an allergic alveolitis and only 75% of my lung left.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Well, maybe I'm immune to C19 and C19.1, now?

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

I wish 19C would come back, it's only 7C right now.... :popcorn:

• Clever
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I bet I've been through it last x-mas. I was down with all the symptoms and infections for 3 weeks. It all was before Covid was even considered a problem outside China. My boss brought it into the company as he came back from China about a week before it struck me and 2 of my co-workers over x-mas.
I'm a high risk patient due to an allergic alveolitis and only 75% of my lung left.

Being from Germany, what does Europe get for news/think of the US response?

The US media likes to say Europe is laughing at us and that they Europe has it 100% figured out and everything the US is doing is wrong, but it's tough to sort through the B.S.

Does the German/Euro plan make sense? Is there good faith in it?

I'm under the impression that everywhere has problems and it's not an easy problem to solve, just curious from the other side of the ocean.

• Agree

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My Daughter thinks she had it in January. She said she was the sickest she'd ever been in her entire life.They tested her for the Flu and it came back negative. There was no Covid test at that time. Later testing says she has no anti-bodies so she is presumed to be vulnerable again. One of her friends had it really bad. Quarantined to her basement for a couple of months. They were afraid if her parents got it that it would kill them. My fishing buddy lost his Wife and both her parents in April. She was caring for them and she got it too.

• Sad

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
My brother "had" a healthy case of it back in March (taste went bye-bye, was on antibiotics). The Mrs. and I "had" a moderate case shortly after. No contact between the homes - and 500 miles apart.

Neither were tested, as testing wasn't common at the time.

I am of the attitude we accept the risk, use the effective PHMs (masks, distancing, wash hands) and let the strongest survive (better luck next week time you win the life lottery and don't squander it). This current posture isn't sustainable.

People are produced and biodegrade faster than PPE.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Being from Germany, what does Europe get for news/think of the US response?

The US media likes to say Europe is laughing at us and that they Europe has it 100% figured out and everything the US is doing is wrong, but it's tough to sort through the B.S.

Does the German/Euro plan make sense? Is there good faith in it?

I'm under the impression that everywhere has problems and it's not an easy problem to solve, just curious from the other side of the ocean.

European media is all anti-Trump, so they're telling us it's all Trumps fault. On the other hand a lot of time was wasted at the beginning and as far as I can see high rank politicians leave a lot of room for improvement, to say at least. But I don't want to get too politic here, otherwise this thread goes south and we all get our fair share of a.. whooping from the admins.
The situation in Europe is all different. Some countries, like Germany, have it somewhat under control but numbers are rising very fast, other like Belgium or the Netherlands are on lockdown again due to record numbers.
We see a lot more cases every day, partly because of more tests, but also the percentage of positive tests is rising rapidly. Our advantage in Germany is that we have about 34 intensive care beds per 100k people, while countries like Italy only have 10% of that. Even the US only has 20 beds per 100k.

• Informative

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The situation in Europe is all different. Some countries, like Germany, have it somewhat under control but numbers are rising very fast, other like Belgium or the Netherlands are on lockdown again due to record numbers.
I appreciate your candid response, but I disagree with ^^^^^^. We have areas of the country that the numbers are stagnant, but others that seem to be having issues. From what I see, the numbers are up in areas of higher population density. But that seems like common sense to me, but the media doesn’t seem to link the info.

Hopefully all of us and our loved ones stay safe from this mess. Good luck to all.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor