i want to replace my 85 regal t-type roof with t-tops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I would cut a roof off a T top car mid way through the pillars and have them go from there. What they will likely do is use the stock seam on the B and C pillars but cut and splice it midway through the A pillar. That seems to be the common way shops change roofs on cars. It would be FAR easier to do it that way than try to make a normal roof into a T top.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
cuttysalon86 said:
i got a body shop that will do it but i need to find parts and know of any extra bracing i will need.

I have factory T-tops and there's no extra bracing on the car since it's a full frame car

supreme_eighty5

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Upstate, NY
i plan on attempting this sometime this summer, i just figured to cut at the bottom of the a-pillars near the fender, and i havent looked closely yet but would it be possible to cut under the vinyl top trim and swap out 1/2 the roof?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Cut off as much of the T-top roof as you can, and then the body shop performing the work can have as much material to work with as they need and can section it however they like.

On the donor car, make the A-pillar cut at the base right above the fender.
Make the B-pillar cut at the base of the 1/4 window across to the back glass.

No extra bracing from the factory, but adding the behind the seat X-braces is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor