Idiots On Top Gear USA....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
UK version is awesome. Classic moments like him driving that mini car in the office and then sitting in the car on an environment meeting. The US version is a cheap rip off.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I absolutley hate the american version. All I see is 3 idiots trying to be funny and destroying cars. I have no idea how this show is still on. On a side note the episode of the UK version with the Reliant Robin is my all-time favorite. For those that dont know the Reliant Robin was a 3 wheeled car. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

classic gbody

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2012
Under The Hood
WOW Guys! I guess I am one of the few who love this show. These guys are funny as hell and all they do is rip on each other. So who cares if they destroyed a few clean rides. Hollywood destroys nice cars on a daily basis for both TV and movies. What about all those movies back in the 60's, 70's and 80's that destroyed cars. Its purely entertainment. Hundreds of thousands if not millions of each of those cars they destroyed were built. There are many others out there. :D

Edit: Just watched tonight's episode and there was nothing done to that Elco that couldn't be undone. :D

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I like the UK version so much better... :lol: The american is allright but they seem to to go out of there way to make it funny... Though i will admit i have watched most of the shows and they do seem to favor American rides more vs the UK version.BUT i do find Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clark funny!! James May also make it work! :mrgreen: I have to say i like both..

vonclod

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2012
Delta B.C.
Longroof79 said:
Blake B said:
i agree, but you know you don't have to be in the UK to watch the show, right?
Yes, I've heard that it can be seen here on one of the many satellite channels. Unfortunately with my ripoff cable lineup, I can't receive it, and other great car shows like Chasing Classic Cars, etc.
i get it on netflix..not sure if the u.s. netflix carrys it

Mikes84GP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2012
Maryland
-83MONTESS- said:
I absolutley hate the american version. All I see is 3 idiots trying to be funny and destroying cars. I have no idea how this show is still on. On a side note the episode of the UK version with the Reliant Robin is my all-time favorite. For those that dont know the Reliant Robin was a 3 wheeled car. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

I remember the Stig racing the Robin around the track and rolling it heading into turn 1. :rofl:

The Bolivia and New Orleans specials are still my favorites. Their trip through Alabama was hilarious.

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
The one thing about El Camino's (gbody ones) is that you can do sooooooo many things to them. Some are stupid and some are not. I do not understand the needs to do what they did, but it is a tv show. They want to do things a little off the wall and it is top gear type show. That is what they are known for. I do not like it, but what ever.

jdietschweiler

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2011
Janesville, Wi
Ive onlu watched a handfull of the american shows i can tell you that the brittish show is way more funny. But ive was watching it for years before the american version was recorded.

On the otherside an el camino taxi...lmao!

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Mikes84GP said:
The Bolivia and New Orleans specials are still my favorites. Their trip through Alabama was hilarious.

Thought for sure they were going to get killed in AL - I know where they were and those folks are STILL PISSED @ Robert E. Lee and the loss of the confederacy... :oops:

I'd watch 5-year old reruns of UK Top Gear before watching the US version again; there was an Australian version that came on BBC a few times but then whimpered away just as fast - wonder if it made it locally there?

Don't even get me started with "Chasing Classic Cars", one of the worst ever, unless you like seeing people getting ripped off. And that guy's wife, too much plastic filler :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor