If anybody has any ?s (Air or Juice /Lowering/Customizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan1

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2008
i gotta question. In order to put bags in the front i would need to relocate the shicks correct??? What is the easiest way to do this???Do they make a relocating kit and does it require welding???

83latinosupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2009
what would be a better option for me if i'm not looking to hop or do anything crazy just want a nice setup that can lay frame and lift up high when needed and not have a horrible ride air bags or hydraulics?

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
83latinosupreme said:
what would be a better option for me if i'm not looking to hop or do anything crazy just want a nice setup that can lay frame and lift up high when needed and not have a horrible ride air bags or hydraulics?

You are gonna get different opinions from people who are pro bags or pro hydraulics. I am pro juice unless it is a street truck. Guys now a days are running accumulators on their juiced ride which acts like a shock absorber giving it a smooth ride. Check out the hydraulic section on layitlow.com. There is a guy by the screen name Pete Tre (or something like that). This guy's installs are geared towards ride quality and his fabrication work is insane.

Juice or bags be prepared to spend some money if you want the work done right. Cut corners you are gonna have problems that will cost you more in the long run.

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
83latinosupreme said:
think 2000 would get me a decent setup or do i still need to up my budget?

If you go with accumulators you may need minor reinforcements (if any), but you should expect to pay $3,000 or maybe a little more for a quality setup, accumulators, and install. If you decide to go juice I suggest Black Magic Hydraulics in Vegas based on personal experience, but again I have heard and seen great things about that guy I mentioned above on layitlow. He has his own line of hydraulics (I believe the brand name is Hydrolics), or if you are on the east coast Brent with Pitbull Hydraulics in KY has a great reputation. He is a little pricey, but the quality of his work is top notch.

You can check out my thread in this section on my lifted MC. I have quite a bit of $$ tied up into the suspension, but it is a hopper. Just look for my name.

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
83latinosupreme said:
so damn 3000 but if i decided to go with bags i can get this kit from airbag for under 2000 is it not quality?

http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/fbs-old-06-kit3.htm

doesn't make sense to spend twice as much if its gonna do the same thing

I am also a firm believer of why pay more when you can get the same quality for less, but I think you sould do some homework on them before you give them your $$. This company also go by the name of AIM. Terrible quality of parts. Terrible customer service. I know people who have purchased parts that were supose to be specific to their vehicles and they did not fit. Then they refused to refund their $$ afterwards.

If I were to go with bags I would go with Air Ride http://www.ridetech.com/catalog/Chevrol ... 952-1.html. You can go with their cheapest kit but its gonna take a little more to lay frame. The only thing I don't like about air ride is they use firestone bags. They are not bad, but when aired up the walls on the bags expand out making the diameter bigger. Just gotta make sure you have enough clearance so that the bags dont get damaged. I like slam specialties bags because the walls are a little thicker which makes the walls not expand out so much and giving you a little more lift with the same PSI, but the ride will be a little bit more firm. http://www.slamspecialties.com/home.html. Air rides shockwaves are where its at if you have the $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor