Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Doug,
We're all rooting for you, young man. ;) Keep up the speedy recovery and positive outlook. (y)

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I haven't been on here in a while. I just saw this thread. Glad to hear that you're recovering!

Reactions: 2 users

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
pontiacgp, thanks for dropping by! Friends,,, I haven't replied lately because I've been busier than a cat covering crap! I dislike all this running around while drying to get all the medical check lists taken care of, but it must be done. ... Today, I went to my language/communication Therapist appointment. She told Cheri and me that I have improved A LOT in a very short amount of time!!! She said my language and communication skills have reached completion in her opinion. She gave me a test (25 construction words) where I had to say what the word was called and then give a short story of how it was used. I passed the test with flying colors! My next (and last!) session with her will be July 27th., and was made if I think of questions I might want to ask her while on my own. ... My spelling problems are slowly getting better my the week, and it may take me months to rebuild my lost works. ... I do try to proof read my posts, so, if I mess up, bear while me please!

Doug

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
You’re doing great, Doug! Your posts are very readable, and frankly (no offense intended to present company) better-spelled than many others! :D Glad to hear of your progress and quick recovery!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldtinsmith

Hi friends,,, this week is the 6th and final week of my Neurosurgeon's imposed restrictions (I'll see him this Friday!). I'm done taking my twice daily Anti-Seizure medicine. Monday, I had my Pre-Neurosurgeon visit MRI (25 minutes of not moving in a loud machine). Tuesday, got my teeth cleaned (a rescheduled appointment because of my Cerebral Hemorrhage), and my final visit to the Speech Therapist. Wednesday, is free. Thursday, is our Baseball game. Friday, I get results. ... This past weekend, I put on three pounds (177.2). This morning, I was down to 174.8 pounds. Not being able to do weight training (Dr. said to only walk if I wanted to exercise) and snacking between meals had me feeling like a dog on a 12 inch leash (and feeling a little apprehensive about seeing the Neurosurgeon!). ... Feeling great and looking forward! ...Have a fantastic day, everybody!

Doug

Friends,,, I went to see the Neunosurgeon this morning and the bleed in had in my brains healed over and no tumor was spotted in the M.R.I. disc. The Doctor said I didn't have to make anymore return visits to his office, but said I should limit lifting more than 20 Lbs. for 20 more days. No more visits to the Speech Therapist office. No more taking Anti-Seizure pills two times a day. No more Bayer Low Dose (81mg) Aspirin daily. ... After the next month, from today, I'll be back to my usual self (relearning my wordage loss from the bleed, may take another year of home work!). ... Have a fantastic, everyone.

Doug

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Good to hear Doug!

Thanks for the update.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's great news, Doug,
I'm glad to hear that you're doing better and recovering favorably.
Keep up the good work. You'll be back to your old self in no time. :banana:
As the old saying goes, you can't keep a good man down.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
That sounds fantastic and very good news. Stay strong!

Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
happy to hear the progress is going well! keep it up!

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor