im sick of this (a rant about the aftermarket)

Status
Not open for further replies.
everdrive.com carries some parts for GP but....they're used. but i imagine that the parts like a grille wont be busted, used but not broken. ok this isnt very helpful but...its a start for some people at least.

its so hard to find a grill for an 85 since it looks nothing like the ones from previous years and the production numbers seem to dwindle from 85-87 so odds of finding one to match mine are...very very very low.

So F-it...let them all be crushed cause they ain't worth a sht,bull!Thats what makes me so mad if i had a bunch of money i wouldn't buy a lamb or porsche:I'd buy a yard of 80s cars....

All I can say is to learn how to make your own body panels and do bodywork. It will be cheaper and you will gain some great knowledge. It wont solve all of your problems but it will help a lot. People have been having to do this for years, and not just with cars like yours. There is plenty of muscle cars that parts are not made for and people have to make everything themselves.

You guys should try living in the Turbo Mopar world. :wink:

Lol! i have been complaining about parts for my GP ever since i got it... Don't get me wrong i like spending a weekend looking for parts but either they are gone before you get there or they are junk. I have gone to several junkyards here and didn't even run into one GP this year.I asked somebody once about it and they told me that my car wasn't "just that popular" i understand that but why do we have to live with it? It pisses me off when people tell me what a nice "Monte" i have.. don't get me wrong i like Montes too but its totally different styling. I once saw some lower door skins and quarter panels in a J.C. Whitney catalog but its been years since i have had a catalog. I think at least grills,trim and interior panels should be at least tried to be reproduced. What bothers me is what they ask for these parts on e-bay but its the nature of the game.Everything is about the 60-70's musclecars i love those too but i cant afford one of those either 😢 lol! I also own a 1984 Mustang SVO that i cant seem to find parts for it either..... damn 80's junk :lol: i hope help comes soon cuz i might have to get a new car that i don't have to do anything to it. Just my two pennies.

Bottom line:ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.Thank you increasing the price of metal back last spring,Every DICK,Jane and Mary sold anything around for cash......

dan2286 said:
All I can say is to learn how to make your own body panels and do bodywork. It will be cheaper and you will gain some great knowledge. It wont solve all of your problems but it will help a lot. People have been having to do this for years, and not just with cars like yours. There is plenty of muscle cars that parts are not made for and people have to make everything themselves.

nope, not buying it. people shouldnt have to buy sheet metal brakes and machines to make door skins and 1/4 panels, something they may need no more than twice most likely. and where to get the sheet metal? i have no idea, i do suspect that such material is generally sold in bulk and hauled around by 18 wheelers as i see it being transported like that quite often.

the logic that other cars dont have parts made for them doesnt wash with me either. if there is a demand, the parts should be made. its not like the companies cant make the money back through selling more popular products. lots of companies to do that, they may not produce the less popular stuff in large quantities but they do produce them and make the money back through sales of more popular items.

again how hard is it to tool a machine to make a door skin that is slightly different from the one they already make? most doors on two door g-bodies arent that different but are different enough to ensure you can't just buy a door skin and use it on any two door g-body. thats really frustrating. same with 1/4 panels. i suspect its really not that hard to do they're just being lazy IMO. how do they know how many would sell if they dont make them or at least put out feelers?

Update: i just looked at the Jc Whitney website and it seems like the still offer those panels.... Dont know about the quality but we can make it work if possible.

On the other hand, few GBody'ers have the money to pay for even NOS parts. A grille that goes for $150 plus on an ABody....a G'er wants to pay $25. So I'll sit on my parts til G'ers come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor