EL CAMINO I'm the new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2021
Plymouth MA
Hello all,
I'm new in town and looking forward to chatting with all you guys and gals. I'm new to G-bodies I have an 86 Choo Choo Custom. I bought it from a gentleman that had a body shop with about 12 other G-body elcos on the property but almost where completely trashed except maybe two or three. I bought one of them is was stripped down I guess they where getting ready to start paint and body work to it. So it was missing all the trim lights and lenses and the nose was just resting in place so it was extremely warped. With the brackets missing for the headlight buckets a buddy of mine helped me get some homemade mounts in there close to right position. I just recently started to get motivation again I have had the car almost 2 years and lost all motivation for all the vehicles in my fleet but I am starting to get it back. Looking forward to helping who i can when I can. I'll post a few pictures that I have of the beast 🤘🤘
20210112_161337.jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1562349051453.jpeg
20200328_121745.jpg

And a little shot of my Cheep Chevrokee race jeep lol it has a LT1 swapped in it that I race on a local 1/3 mile paved oval in the spectator drags

Reactions: 5 users
Jan 23, 2021
Plymouth MA
Come again?
Cool Cherokee, though. (I'm not much on ElCos). Welcome
Lol yup I've taken first place out of 36 cars before its single elimination the jeep has surprised a lot of fast cars there

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1564962073081.jpg
    FB_IMG_1564962073081.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Parts are readily available for all things Chebby. If you have money to blow, then keep up with the LT1 program. But it will be waaaay easier and cheaper to swap in an LS depending on your goals (the anti LS Consortium is throwing vexes at me presently).

If you're good with 350-450hp, then the LT1 is a fine program (no kidding or sarcasm). But that's the end of the LT1. If you're looking for more, then a stroked LS in NA form or become an LS boostie boi to extend beyond that.

Welcome to the group - a great bunch here (better than anywhere else I've been) and always helpful without the BS - Jim

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
Welcome!

That elco looks like a good starting point.

I'd love to hear more info on your cherokee swap and pics too! Maybe start another thread for it even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor