Info Wanted: Kill Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
i am considering running a kil switch on my car to obviously avoid theft. what are my options? i am thinking of a hidden in line switch (with the starter not sure) just looking for something to make it more complicated to someone who might try to bash my column.

i read about someone using a relay to not only need the switch on but pull the highbeams back too which would add a lot of security in my mind

any help would be nice

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
i was thinking of running through my distributor 12v power source because i feel it would be easier and cleaner to wire along with the engine will then always be able to crank and if anyone gets to that point and it doesn't start they will think is a POS that won't start.

running that switch would be simple enough but could i run some sort of relay for holding the headlight highbeam back to start or something

not a wiring expert here if you can't tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor