Insane Junkyard Lots of Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
It was in one of the small lot areas behind the main building. Just walk up the main access road & it was in one of the areas off to the right near where that Malibu body is.

I didn't get to check out that area of the yard, I was running out of time. I'll check it out next time. The place is so big you really need an ATV to get around. I did a lot of walking and I still didn't see it all.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The console was pretty chalky but probably still usable. The breadbox was there, I can grab it.
Joe,
I really don't need the console or breadbox per se, I just thought you could sell it to someone. Usually guys are looking for consoles and they're not getting any easier to find these days.

Reactions: 1 user

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Chapman's in Dubois was like that about 10 years ago. Looked at a satellite image on Google not long ago, but it's mostly empty plots now.

Had about (5) 1981-1983 Regals (needed a part for a 1986, too different). Many Cutlasses, Monte Carlos, a few Grand Prixs, Malibus. There were a bunch of mid-70's Plymouth Dusters/Dodge Dart Sports, a 1970 Lemans (possibly GTO?) convertible missing the front clip, a 1969 Camaro. Lots of other less desirable 1970's-1980's cars.

The highlight G-body wise was a blue 1986 442 t-top car with glossy paint and no rust. It was up on junk wheels/cinder blocks missing it's rallyes, and the t-tops were gone. The interior looked like it was in great condition too, except the seats had gotten soaked too many times being open to the elements.

The problem most times with Western PA cars is that the body and/or frame on anything beyond 5 years old is shot. Too much road salt mixed with moist, rocky soil. And, in having moved, looking at used car prices knowing what's creeping up and can't be necessarily seen yet, they are extremely overpriced.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I wish there were more yards in iowa. I only know of one that had anything older than 1990.

There isn't anything older since every dirt track racer devours anything GM RWD within 3 days of it hitting a yard for the past 30 years.

There is stuff in Missouri and Minnesota but yeah you are right, I havn't seen much besides that private G body only yard off i35 by Mason City.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
There isn't anything older since every dirt track racer devours anything GM RWD within 3 days of it hitting a yard for the past 30 years.

There is stuff in Missouri and Minnesota but yeah you are right, I havn't seen much besides that private G body only yard off i35 by Mason City.
I've been there. Its just a dude's yard, so you kinda have to contact him directly and he's thinning his stuff out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor