Insane Junkyard Lots of Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
A few older yards in my area crushed out, one made rounds on the internet 4 years ago: http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=54465&posts=2#M454991

There were about 30+ g-bodies, most had been there since the 90's or even 80's probably and most were earlier year base model's but many AC delete vehicles, plenty of diesel versions including a diesel 78-80 Cutlass with buckets/console and full gauges w/tach. Only a couple floor shift/bucket cars out of all of them, I grabbed what I could in the limited time, went almost every Saturday, they were only open Saturday mornings for 3-4 hours, each week a pile of cars was crushed/added to the scrap area. Each time I'd go people would be walking around just taking pictures or even video. If you drive by it now you almost can't tell what it was before but they have 2-3 huge piles of cars left, I assume waiting for scrap to go up, but even the landscape/trees were mostly removed.

38342068684_6dfa976e34_z.jpg

38170898435_23ab4790dd_c.jpg

Couple other smaller yards I went to closer to me also scrapped out, still hear of a couple in the state that have old stuff and never really crush/scrap, fun to walk and look around.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Man, that's hard to digest. Knowing all those cool cars with a treasure trove of hard to find parts being crushed.
Well, I guess it's the sign of the times, as sad as it is.

Last edited:

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
20 years ago, I was working near Yuma Colorado and happened upon a 67 SS427 Impala at a gas station. Popped the hood, crap, small block. Called the number the next morning anyway, a woman answered, her brother had just passed, owned the car, gas station and a junkyard. They were there to try and liquidate, They let me walk through the yard, stuff all the way back to the thirties, most of it salvageable because of the relatively dry climate. Found the 427 sitting on the floor of a barn at the yard, I could have bought the Impala, engine and a 67 fastback parts car for $2000, But I had my 70 GS455 and didn't think I needed another "project" . Idiot!

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
There is a yard like that in NJ called Friendship Auto.

Nov 4, 2012
The photos are superb quality.
May I ask what camera you are using?

Lol, the one on my phone. I had to look it up but it's a "Moto Z Droid", whatever that means. The pictures are actually much bigger and higher def, but I have to scale them down to 50% or they are too big to upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor