Installing AFR gauge on an Oil Burner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
So then there is no issue

I don't think he was saying he changed his oil every 3,000 miles though....if you add a quart at 3,000 miles that means you have 20% new oil and that new oil is good for another 3,000 miles your probably good to 4,500 miles which by that time you can add another 1/2 quart of new oil so a change after 5,000 miles is probably what he needs.....:cool:

if anyone thinks I just took numbers from my head I actually worked on this theory for at least 5 minutes,,,

math.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
So then there is no issue
It still uses a quart
Not enough to contaminate the sensor but enough to be noticeable. Tbh as wollared put as it is I'm surprised it runs as well as it does.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It still uses a quart
Not enough to contaminate the sensor but enough to be noticeable. Tbh as wollared put as it is I'm surprised it runs as well as it does.

besides the dipstick how else is it noticeable?.......

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
besides the dipstick how else is it noticeable?.......
Blowby for one. Ends up being a puddle of oil in the air cleaner. On long highway drives it will get Smokey.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Not excessive by any means. Hell my worktruck burns thru almost quart every fillup LOL

Quick catch can post pcv would help from beating up the air filter

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Blowby for one. Ends up being a puddle of oil in the air cleaner. On long highway drives it will get Smokey.

Sounds like it would go through more than one quart in 3000 miles but if it's that bad with blow by then not much will be going through the exhaust

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
And this is why I would have done a proper rebuild to begin with! Instead you will keep coming up with this crazy sh#t. I think if you keep it broke you will get out of lining up with me.

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
And this is why I would have done a proper rebuild to begin with! Instead you will keep coming up with this crazy sh#t. I think if you keep it broke you will get out of lining up with me.
Going to eddyville midnight madness this weekend if they don't cancel it or my car doesn't explode between now and then...
line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor