Installing full length tube headers, 84 GP, help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechCy86

n00b
Jun 11, 2008
I bought some full length headers for my car. Is there anything I need to remove/move so that they go in easily?

Also how about setup options, true dual exhaust, cat-back? What is your exhaust setup, tips, info.? 8)

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
What headers, what engine, what transmission, with or without A/C, etc....?

TechCy86

n00b
Jun 11, 2008
Full length headers

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
What headers, what engine, what transmission, with or without A/C, etc....?

Hooker Competition Headers, Chevy 350, TH350 transmission, with A/C. Part number, 2451HKR.

rayray

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 8, 2008
Edmonton
make sure you put them in from the bottom right off the hop. 95% of the time they wont fit from the top.

and go true duals. I am running 2 1/2" duals with magnaflow mufflers and it sounds mean.

gbodyfever

Greasemonkey
Jun 19, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
makesure you have it jacked up (with stands of course ) ALOT, you need the front up a good distance to get them in, i had to for my cutlass anyways they had to slip in almost vertical at one point, also i had to take the oil filter off, the starter out, and the ac/brackets. it will say in the intructions if you have them, mine were flowtech but i dont see it being much different. hope this helps

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
the malibu was probably less than five inches from hitting the back bumper on the ground. same way. starter and oil filter were off. went it kinda smoothly. so yeah you will have some scars on your knuckles when your done! but hey, what is it without a little blood and tears?

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I got the header back 2.5" pypes system with the x pipe and SS style tails and aside from haveing to buy new collector extensions and trimming the front two legs from the extensions it fit great. And being stainless it looks as good as it fits. I did have to get the G Force crossmember, but as with any G Body you'll either need a new crossmember or have to modify yours. Definatly go with a tru system though, ear candy with the right mufflers. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor