Interested to see if it brings its asking price....wouldn't surprise me these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
One positive for the current listing is that it wasn't priced over $10,000. Now when it does get relisted I expect it to be over it.
Another "positive" is that the $7000 at the time of listing was worth more $10000 will be worth in a few weeks thanks to inflation and Brandon.

Really it's a price cut

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I think it's regional and relative. My dad has a cousin who lived in Illinois when I was a kid. He'd fly out to the NW every summer to visit family and bring a stack of cash. He'd end up buying some overpriced POS that locals would consider "rusty" and drive it home. It would become his winter project that he'd work the bugs out of and sell for profit, fly back out with the cash, and repeat the next summer.

Given the condition of cars of that vintage in my part of the country, I wouldn't even consider it a project. Parts car, maybe. There's just better options to be had. Maybe in the rust belt it's a fair price on a viable project. "Rust" seems to be one of those words that has a really flexible definition.

Reactions: 1 users

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
this Isn’t the first time we have seen an over priced gbody on the market. I’m ok with it maybe they will drive the prices up and our cars will be worth more

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I bought the one I have now a couple of years ago from a Fox Body Mustang guy. At $4,300, I felt like I got a good deal especially after seeing all the factory options that were on it.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Don' think I would judge the frame by the pictures. Yeah, it looks rusty, just like the front looks greasy. What I am not seeing is huge holes in it or the whole lower sill of it gone. What those pictures show could easily be a car that sat in a garage or shed for multiple years. The engine bay seems fairly clean, or it just got a recent steam job. The interior is pure vanilla; totally grannie grade, bet the radio is just AM only. but, it is clean and neat, no tears in the upholstery or panels, even the dash appears intact. 60 thou original if you trust the speedo.

The quarter panels, well both sides show cancer. It would be what the trunk pan extensions look like that would interest me. The one picture of the rear glass that appears makes me wonder if the the lower rear sill under that chrome strip is starting to have issues. No pictures of the lower door sills. ????

I do agree that the ask on this approaches exorbitance given its state of origin. However, all the sheet metal, apart from those "snacks' in the q-panels, appear straight and injury free; they are all also the same color with the same degree of fade. No way to know what they look like internally without some up close and personal investigation.

Think I'd suggest 3000 as is. it is so vanilla that it would make a good candidate for a big block and some suspension work. Make a good sleeper to scare the kiddies during show and shine.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
I am almost positive that is the same Malibu that sold recently at a local auction. A friend of mine was willing to spend some money on it but he said it was way to rough. He's fixed a lot of stuff over the years. When I first saw the listing I thought no way that is the same car but it's only an HR away from where the auction was

Reactions: 1 user

LS6 Tommy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2018
Let's put this in perspective. I know of a local guy with a 14 mile 1984 Monte SS. That's not a typo. It has 14 miles on it. It still has the factory washer fluid, predelivery cardboard on the floors and plastic on the seats. He's been asking $24k for it for about ten years. The most recent offer was a tad over $10k...

Tommy

• Wow

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Let's put this in perspective. I know of a local guy with a 14 mile 1984 Monte SS. That's not a typo. It has 14 miles on it. It still has the factory washer fluid, predelivery cardboard on the floors and plastic on the seats. He's been asking $24k for it for about ten years. The most recent offer was a tad over $10k...

Tommy

If it’s been stored properly and has all documentation there is no reason it doesn’t get 24k or even more, more meaning in this market.

There have been uber low mile SS’s(typically an 87’ Aero or 87-88’s) crossing 30k and that was 5-10 years ago, the last 1-2 years prices/inflation whatever the reason they’ve shot up.

• Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
$4K roller
1640364848770.png

$1600, complete, engine locked up

1640364909312.png

$7500, roof damage

1640364971239.png

1640364992356.png

$7500

1640365035822.png

1640365052757.png

$6800...4.8 swap

1640365198155.png

$8700 roller..caged, Moser M9 rear

1640365334661.png

All of these are within 150 miles of me. None are creampuffs, but a lot better than the car in the original post at $7K, IMO

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor