Interested to see if it brings its asking price....wouldn't surprise me these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If it’s been stored properly and has all documentation there is no reason it doesn’t get 24k or even more, more meaning in this market.

There have been uber low mile SS’s(typically an 87’ Aero or 87-88’s) crossing 30k and that was 5-10 years ago, the last 1-2 years prices/inflation whatever the reason they’ve shot up.
I agree, it might be how he is getting it out there for people to know it is for sale, usually someone posts those kind of listings and it seems no one heard of this until now.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
$4K roller
View attachment 188962

$1600, complete, engine locked up

View attachment 188963

$7500, roof damage

View attachment 188964
View attachment 188965

$7500

View attachment 188966

View attachment 188967

$6800...4.8 swap

View attachment 188968

$8700 roller..caged, Moser M9 rear

View attachment 188969

All of these are within 150 miles of me. None are creampuffs, but a lot better than the car in the original post at $7K, IMO
Much more reasonable.

I know that it's been touched on previously in different parts of the forum, but it seems like certain Gbodys are more common on various regions of the US than others. For the PNW I see more Cutlass and El Caminos than anything else, followed by Monte Carlos and Regals. For some reason, 2dr Malibus just aren't very common here and they're really the only Gbody I've ever wanted. Maybe someday.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Kind of a rarity to see that many Malibus in this area for sale at one time. Usually availability is the Cutlass, Regal. Monte, then Malibu and GP, followed by almost never Lemans/Grand Am. Has been the case since the mid-80s when I moved to TX, then OK.

I always kind of deduced that the Malibu sold better east of the Mississippi river than west, based on numbers on the market

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Much more reasonable.

I know that it's been touched on previously in different parts of the forum, but it seems like certain Gbodys are more common on various regions of the US than others. For the PNW I see more Cutlass and El Caminos than anything else, followed by Monte Carlos and Regals. For some reason, 2dr Malibus just aren't very common here and they're really the only Gbody I've ever wanted. Maybe someday.
I'm on the hunt for a v6 Canadian built 87 Supreme in factory "teal" and a full non-split bench seat..... again, maybe someday..

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I wish as prices go up so did after market support for parts
Depends on the model. I can buy just about everything for the '84 MCSS. My son's previous '80 Cutlass was a different story. And if you have a wagon, then forget about it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

Just listed local to me. $4500 seems much more reasonable for something rust free.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY

Just listed local to me. $4500 seems much more reasonable for something rust free.
Includes snow tires.... does he think the person buying it will be driving it in the snow? SMDH

• Haha

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Includes snow tires.... does he think the person buying it will be driving it in the snow? SMDH
I just went to look - ouch. Won't pass inspection unless you fiund a lick'm and stick'm - rear frame has holes. But that doesn't stop most around here lol. The interior would make for a good donor.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor