Interested to see if it brings its asking price....wouldn't surprise me these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
$7K for rusty quarters and frame...that's nuts

I was getting offers way less than that when mine was for sale with new interior and no rot

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I like how the seller comments it will never be this cheap again, if it doesn't sell it will be marked up as a buy it now. So when something doesn't sell, i.e. the market tells you it isn't worth X, you list it for X+? Logical.

Depends how bad the underside is, a survivor for WI standards, this car must of been stored many years or very rarely driven to make it this far but a ho-hum no option car with rust and rot, 7k seems a little nuts even in this inflated market.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Brake lines have been replaced, rust in the quarters and frame rust is starting. This is what i call the "the tip of the ice berg". There is no part of that car, nothing, that would make me pay $7k. $700 would be my offer.

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
Could have bought more than one rock solid bodied coupe in the early 00's for $300 to $800 apiece. New Mexico cars. Too risky at the time, too far from the customers. Yeah $7,000 for that, that is a stretch.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Lol don't even get me started on dealing with buying or selling anything nowadays.

Facebook Marketplace is awesome because now you can put a face with the turds who used to be on Craigslist trying to sell their junk for top dollar, and on the flip side you can see the turds that low ball you on something you are selling even when you have it priced pretty damn fair to start with.

Only thing I like, scoring cheap stuff that is decent (and not stolen) from the tweekers looking for drug money lol.

If it's hot well I always wear my gloves looking at it..🤣🤣

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I like how the seller comments it will never be this cheap again, if it doesn't sell it will be marked up as a buy it now. So when something doesn't sell, i.e. the market tells you it isn't worth X, you list it for X+? Logical.

I'll bite... 🤣

CAPTURE.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I will say this, he's pretty proud of that car.
I remember several years back, one of my customers was selling a mid 80"s Camaro that was buried to its axles in the dirt, the windows had to have been left down for at least 10 years and was missing parts off the car. He wanted $6,500 for it using the phrase "it's rare"! I thought to my self, it sure is. No one in there right mind, no matter how drunk they might be, is ever gonna buy a $400 parts car for $6,500. I politely declined, and asked if it would be OK to put his satellite dish on the side of his house.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
One positive for the current listing is that it wasn't priced over $10,000. Now when it does get relisted I expect it to be over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor