Internet issues with no resolve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Guys, I stumbled upon something last night that seems to have solved my internet problems. Where I live the only speedy internet is wireless but it costs so damn much! Well, I got really lucky and found an inexpensive prepaid unlimited data plan on AT&T. It's a data only plan designed for tablets but if you know what you're doing it can be used on other devices. $30 a month for unlimited 4gLTE data. If you've got an AT&T or unlocked GSM tablet with a new SIM card go here to sign up: https://buyasession.att.com/sbd/ShowLogin.action?source=ECV4IS0000000000U&wtExtndSource=buyasession Choose Unlimited MB with auto renew for $29.99 per month and it'll automatically take the payment out every month so you don't have to worry about a lapse in service if you forget to renew at the end of the month. AT&T can slow it down after 22GB if the tower you're on is congested but when the congestion clears up your speeds should go back to normal. Where I live is sparsely populated so I doubt I'll have that problem. Besides, for $30 a month it's worth that risk to me. I'm really happy about this. The only other options I had were some crappy DSL or Satellite, either of which I would have been disappointed in.

I ended up with a tablet plan from Sprint because AT&T has had issues as far as 4g coverage in my specific area. Your deal is great. I pay $39 a month but it includes the monthly charge for buying the tablet. I get 1G a month and when the tablet is paid for in a few months I am going to look into a plan like yours. By now all the cell companies have added towers and 4G and I might be able to get a good unlimited plan. Just pop in a new sim and I am good to go. Did that with my smartphone. Was home all the time with Dad and had a $3 a month deal with T Mobile that gave me a half hour of talk time a month. All I needed and it gave the piece of mind of a phone to use in case of emergency.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Your ping is OK. Its not the most stable, because i see it does fluctuate to 67 which is quite the jump.

But yes you can get by on it.

I gave it a good test last night and today mainly watching YouTube. I can watch videos in 1080p with no lag or buffering. Pages load in just a second. I'm very happy with it.

Reactions: 2 users

Chris Tomas

Apprentice
Jan 6, 2018
I gave it a good test last night and today mainly watching YouTube. I can watch videos in 1080p with no lag or buffering. Pages load in just a second. I'm very happy with it.
Awesome! Sounds like you're doing ok then!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor