IS IT POSSIBLE???

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyGuy86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2011
Long Island
is it possible to change JUST the speedometer in a 1986 Monte SS? i want to change the stock 85MPH to one from a different monte.. preferably one of the 115's or ive seen 150's from some gbody malibus. and tips/advice would be much appreciated. THANKS!

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
highway patrol maibus had 150mph speedos and im sure its possible, there are some overlays, i believe for it. im trying to search it out for you... if you change it i think you need to recalibrate it

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

chevyGuy86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2011
Long Island
how do you get it calibrated? and are those gauges with the link attached mechanical, or electrical? because i dont beleive when i had my trans build i had the electric speedo control put in my 700r4.
i think even with just one of those gauges it would look pretty cool but a little out of place since itd be the only one but i also think that the malibu's 150 would blend better with the stock gauge cluster...
what would i have to do as far as installation? new cable? new gears?

chevyGuy86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2011
Long Island
also, i just looked on glowshifts' website, if the speedo will work for me, i dont mind buying the tach along with that just to match, then i just have to sell the one i have now. now big deal

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
I have dakota digital guages in my el co...

but normally if these are electric, they should allow you to calibrate them and it should be simple... i think if you get the stock style gauges, you have to change the gear in the transmission... and figure out which one based on your tire size, etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor