Is the modern car scene a reflection of income inequality....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all! Quitcherbitchin'!!!!!!!!!! Don't make me pull this car over. :)

I agree, espouse as you wish on the subject of the thread, but people jabbing at each other personally, getting butthurt, or wanting to fight everyone out in the open in the thread just looks bad from any distance. Please just stop. This forum is to help the overall G-body community. This kind of chest-thumpin' stuff ain't.

Please take it to PM if you really feel the need to vent on each other. That kind of sh*t is what "Threadlocker" is made out of.
image_14690.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Okay, I'm still having trouble with this mil-spec logic. So let's just game this out. You want us to gather our financials, get on a plane, fly to Florida, and find you at some beach bar? Then we awkwardly sit there? tenor-3.gif

Someone counts to 3 and we all fan our documents. You whip up an elaborate spreadsheet to rank us financially. Will that be adjusted for age or are we going at face value? We do some more staring. The toothless waitress brings the beers over and, surprise!
tenor-2.gif

Is that what you have in mind?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Wow this thread crashed and burned days ago.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Modern car scene? I'm a grown-*ss adult and use my grownup cars for grownup purposes. When I was in high school the lot was full of stock Civics and Volvos. There was a dude with a '78 or '79 Malibu that was cool, a Datsun 620 mini truck, a '56 Ford pickup driven by a rich owner's son, and my '35 Ford. We didn't call it income inequality, we were just broke-*ss teenagers. My dad and uncle described the same thing in the late 60s. Almost nobody gets to throw real money at cars until after school and they get a little disposable income. My 18 y/o nephew and his dipshit buddies are in the same boat. They dabble when they can afford it.

Now, I have some toys. But my priorities are mostly focused elsewhere. My wish list is shorter and I'm better at focusing.

I was fortunate that my Dad ran a repair and transmission shop. So I had access resources that no one else had. He was a great mechanic and a lousy hot rodder. Thanks to that, I am mediocre at both. 🤣

My kids have no idea what little empire of dirt I've built for myself, and them. It's going to make for some kick-*ss science fair projects.

Back to frying bacon topless... we're taking the kids to see jet cars today!
Rocket League Monster GIF by The Berry

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Okay, I'm still having trouble with this mil-spec logic. So let's just game this out. You want us to gather our financials, get on a plane, fly to Florida, and find you at some beach bar? Then we awkwardly sit there?

I can see the news headline now, "Florida man arrested for luring men from out of state and holding them captive"
05c2517a-d212-46b5-a392-0246f321c24a_text.gif

• Haha
The toothless waitress brings the beers over and, surprise!
See, that right there. What's the point in that statement?

I'm telling you people directly why you're crap. That's it. No need to tie in others. That's how you all roll tho.. run that head like you're something and have no clue who you're talking to. Big bad Internet bullies, I'm proud of you.👍

If you'd stop running your head on the Internet like you're something, I'd have more respect for you. But that's not going to change anytime soon. 🙄

Carry on....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
JFC

This sh*t happens again there's gonna be bans thrown around. The rules, FROM THE BEGINNING, explicitly call out "personal attacks" etc. ad infinitum.

Unreal. Go take a nap, eat a snickers, cripes, get a juice box and a lunchable, bust one out if you have to but man, keep it in your pants. We literally don't care. Looking at you. 👀

If anyone wants to put their pants back on and actually discuss the OP's subject, I'd be willing to clean it up and start over. I get what he was saying, but hey look, its "the gang" again. :rolleyes:

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor