Is the modern car scene a reflection of income inequality....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that 15yrs ago you didn't need a 408 stroker LS motor and/or a Twin Turbo setup just to compete with the new crap lol... Nowadays new cars are basically maxed out as far as performance and efficienty which is a good thing overall but it takes the fun outta hotrodding. Why is it so hard to understand my point? Back in the 80's an average 4cyl econobox did 0-60 in like 14 sec so if some hotrodders from shop class bought a 1974 Nova 350, flipped the lid, put on headers, and glasspacks your immediately twice as fast as the average new car with just simple elbow grease. That's the way hotrodding should be IMO. Nowadays it's more like how the late 50's and early 60's probably felt to hotrodders. They maxed out their flathead Ford and all the sudden people with brand new 409's were kickin' your butt just by spending $$$$.
Hotrodding has always been that way, the newest most advanced car usually wins. The price for progress is obsolenscence. Moreover, the new stuff is often more expensive, uses more expensive parts, and requires more expensive tools including complex software. LS engines don't just hop into old car platforms they were never designed for free. The tuning software and test equipment sure isn't free either. Modern stuff requires $1,000 tablet scanners just to change the batteries. Tuning software starts at $600 plus monthly subscriptions. There are some hacked software options from China but they are dodgy. Then there are the increasing issues of DRM, right to repair issues, proprietary OEM software, backdoor access and kill switches, OTA updates, hacking concerns, and software bugs in modern cars.

Even the LS magazines admitted that cheap LS swaps are mainly internet unicorns. As for all the information available online now, much of it is misinformation. Such as car mags saying to use heat sink paste to insulate HEI modules from distributor bodies or that coolant needs time to sit in radiators. My favorite piece of information on the internet is that only LS engines are good. That your old car sucks *ss if it doesn't have an LS swap and why haven't you swapped it yet so you can finally be cool. Until the marketers push the next swap craze they engineered.

Technology always has a cost, and it isn't always entirely money, sometimes it can also include your soul or autonomy, are you willing to pay it?

dont-do-it-jesse-he-might-throw-a-rod-out-of-that-53-with-the-500-shot.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Annnnnnd yet another of those mature replies you're becoming known for that come from one who realizes they have no intelligent or well reasoned response to being called out.
I think I made a pretty good call out when I said come down here in person and present yourself or whoever else needs to be, and I'll buy anybody a beer to see what wisdom they have.

Then again that takes being a man. That lacks here.

This was a post about who has what money to strut what, and it turned into personal insults of people who are Beta male simps compared to those of us who have been and done.

This post definitely has perpetuated to show us who is what here on the forum.

Some of you people are pathetic excuses of men, and you know it.

See yourself out.
Do explain again either what your latest insult here has to do with that either, or, for that fact, what bearing your claims about town size has to do with how much money the person living there has to devote to anything?

Some massive cities have very VERY low per capita incomes. Some tiny towns have HIGh per capita incomes. And yes, vice versa. But by no means is there a direct correlation, especially considering cost of life considerations that factor in, and, generational properties that are more common in rural areas also giving disparities of assets and expenses compared to larger towns and cities.

Most of the personal insults have come from one place, cited extensively above.

But, as usual, I expect no engagement on those facts. Likely just another insult in response.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Do explain again either what your latest insult here has to do with that either, or, for that fact, what bearing your claims about town size has to do with how much money the person living there has to devote to anything?

Some massive cities have very VERY low per capita incomes. Some tiny towns have HIGh per capita incomes. And yes, vice versa. But by no means is there a direct correlation, especially considering cost of life considerations that factor in, and, generational properties that are more common in rural areas also giving disparities of assets and expenses compared to larger towns and cities.

Most of the personal insults have come from one place, cited extensively above.

But, as usual, I expect no engagement on those facts. Likely just another insult in response.
You dug into me with personal insults before I ever came to that terms with anybody, you had absolutely no clue what you were chewing into with me. I highly doubt you are going to backup anything about you with me more than I will with myself to anyone so this is where you should digress and drop your little man package to your wife for her permission.

And I say this again, how much do you clowns really want to dig into me. Are you guys that much bored in life instead of just talking about cars you want to go to personal attacks or I can show you why your life sucks more than mine..

• Haha
I think I made a pretty good call out when I said come down here in person and present yourself or whoever else needs to be, and I'll buy anybody a beer to see what wisdom they have.

Then again that takes being a man. That lacks here.
How so? Sounds like a foolish pile of expenses to incur when modern technology gives a way to have discussions without needing to be face to face.

Something most people have used for hundreds of years - homing pigeon, letter by carrier followed by the postal mail, the telegraph, radio, television, newspaper and other advertisements, telephone, email, text messaging etc..

Even if someone for some reason wanted to spend time in person with one who acts like you, what direct engagement and response to germane issues of fact that were directly presented as questions but met with silence, evasion, insults, or, arguably interpretable as threats have you offered that imply there would even BE a discussion worth having?

How so? Sounds like a foolish pile of expenses to incur when modern technology gives a way to have discussions without needing to be face to face.

Something most people have used for hundreds of years - homing pigeon, letter by carrier followed by the postal mail, the telegraph, radio, television, newspaper and other advertisements, telephone, email, text messaging etc..

Even if someone for some reason wanted to spend time in person with one who acts like you, what direct engagement and response to germane issues of fact that were directly presented as questions but met with silence, evasion, insults, or, arguably interpretable as threats have you offered that imply there would even BE a discussion worth having?
That's a lot of words for an excuse.

You dug into me with personal insults before I ever came to that terms with anybody,
Citation and proof?
That's a lot of words for an excuse.
for what?
you had absolutely no clue what you were chewing into with me.
Sure i do. Someone who cant, or at least hasn't, made any showing that I see in my opinion to support the statements they made as if the statements were facts.
I highly doubt you are going to backup anything about you with me more than I will with myself to anyone so this is where you should digress and drop your little man package to your wife for her permission.
That.... doesn't even make sense. what does that even mean? On second thought, I don't see any constructive thought coming back from your end, just the same unsupported stuff so, we'll just let the thread head back to anything that IS constructive

That.... doesn't even make sense. what does that even mean?
This coming from a guy who said his wifey allowed him to buy a car...🙄

I couldn't find the meme that meant castrated scrotumless excuse of a man.

I really don't understand how you can't comprehend anything that I have said already, if you had any scrotum you would come down here in person and prove yourself. I've said it multiple times. Anybody that wants to come down and have a talk about some cars I would buy them a beer and hear what they have to say.

Can't get any more clear than that but then again that takes some testicles to show up, clearly I'm the only one has them.

So with that being said do you ladies want to keep going or digress while you have some little man respect left

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor