Is the modern car scene a reflection of income inequality....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me thinking of all the things I want to say that will earn me another night in the box...
Mood What GIF by NBC

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users
So I graduated HS in 2007 and back then I was known for having one of the fastest cars; a 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 with 225hp.

I just don't see the fun in it anymore, what do you guys think? I mean crap in 2005-2007 if you had a stock L-98 350 F-body you literally were the king with 230hp, I kid you not. Back then only rich older guys had an LT-1 or LS-1 Vette, etc. that did 0-60 under 6.5 sec...
This right here tells me you came from a small town of people who didn't know cars. I graduated highschool in June 2001 so take that for what it's worth, spring of 2007 I had my 1995 Camaro Z28 swapped with a 408ci LS Engine setup that went 10.90's 1/4 N/A ALL MOTOR. I guess I was ahead of the curve. Then again I was, that car took money and hurt feelings.

CAMARO DRAG.jpg
I don’t know if I agree or how much I agree with that. 15 years ago 225-250 hp wasn’t all that hot, 25 years ago maybe. By the years you reference 05’-07’ there were lots of mass produced faster cars, LS1 f-bodies(and LT1), L67 GTP’s, Regal GS’s were all over the roads. I was there. I don’t have a pulse on what teenagers or even people in their 20’s are doing now but personally know of a couple guys in their mid 20’s into our cars and see many more. People like to make wide generalizations about generations but there are more similarities between people of any generation when comparing what a guy at 23 was doing/thinking in any era or year. As people get older I think they often lose that perspective or forget.
Ditto, refer to the above. Small town stuff.

Bought a used 2002 LS1 Camaro in 2007, put it into the mid-12s with gears and a tune.
This is what made me cram the 408ci LS in my 1995 Z28, my car buddies with simple modded LS1 cars were edging me out and I was in the mid to low 12's with the Cammed LT1 setup. I went high 10's and bus length'd that azz.🤘

Reactions: 1 user
Modern car scene? I'm a grown-*ss adult and use my grownup cars for grownup purposes. When I was in high school the lot was full of stock Civics and Volvos. There was a dude with a '78 or '79 Malibu that was cool, a Datsun 620 mini truck, a '56 Ford pickup driven by a rich owner's son, and my '35 Ford. We didn't call it income inequality, we were just broke-*ss teenagers. My dad and uncle described the same thing in the late 60s. Almost nobody gets to throw real money at cars until after school and they get a little disposable income. My 18 y/o nephew and his dipshit buddies are in the same boat. They dabble when they can afford it.

Now, I have some toys. But my priorities are mostly focused elsewhere. My wish list is shorter and I'm better at focusing.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm honestly trying to figure out the point in this whole thread. I'm 38 with my 1984 MCSS, and my 2002 C5Z06 as fun cars, a 2009 Civic as a DD and my 2001 Sierra 2500HD as the work truck. All paid for.

I'm not here for boasting figures of what cost what.. these clowns are putting money into cars, and I'm making triple payments on my house to pay a 30 year mortgage off in 9 years from the time I bought it. Max contributions each year in my ROTH IRA and other investments.

Not married and no kids.

Follow me for more financial advice. :)

Last edited:
How did you fit all that in between humility classes?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
How did you fit all that in between humility classes?
Bold of you to think I care about others. There's a reason why I'm ahead of the curve and my life is good. I focus on me, not the other crap of society.

Sounds like a fairytale. Thanks for the regular reminders. We're all blessed to be graced by your greatness. Truly inspiring.

Sounds like a fairytale. Thanks for the regular reminders. We're all blessed to be graced by your greatness. Truly inspiring.
Fairytale to those who don't have any control of their lives.

Trust me dude, this is the second time tonight you showed me where you're a beta. I'm not phased. :)

I'm honestly trying to figure out the point in this whole thread. I'm 38 with my 1984 MCSS, and my 2002 C5Z06 as fun cars, a 2009 Civic as a DD and my 2001 Sierra 2500HD as the work truck. All paid for.

I'm not here for boasting figures of what cost what.. these clowns are putting money into cars, and I'm making triple payments on my house to pay a 30 year mortgage off in 9 years from the time I bought it. Max contributions each year in my ROTH IRA and other investments.

Not married and no kids.

Follow me for more financial advice. :)

Wow you just have it all figured out don't you? Certainly lacking a wife and kids isn't very fulfilling but with how humble and kind you are, I'm sure you are surrounded by more than enough friends to make up for it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor