Is this fixable? How Would I Go Ab fixing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antkeimor

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2013
Thank for all the responses... the car it self is in good shape interior has one rip on the corner of the pillow top driver seat small i had a motor dropped in and done right its my daily driver the only problem is the roof a body shop want to charge me $ 450 to repair the roof and put another vinyl top on hmmm what to do?

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Antkeimor said:
Thank for all the responses... the car it self is in good shape interior has one rip on the corner of the pillow top driver seat small i had a motor dropped in and done right its my daily driver the only problem is the roof a body shop want to charge me $ 450 to repair the roof and put another vinyl top on hmmm what to do?

That's not a bad price if they're going to repair it the correct way.

Chopper

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013
Midland, MI.
Qdub24 said:
Antkeimor said:

That's not a bad price if they're going to repair it the correct way.

I would be worried how good of a fix they did for that price. The top alone is around $300 the last time I checked.

Weebey

n00b
Jul 23, 2011
Brown Deer, WI.
Antkeimor said:
Hello All I was wondering if this is Fixable? how would i fix the rust holes Myself, i plan on getting another vinyl top put on i had this car for 3 years and already spent about 5grand and it doesnt even look like it Its my first old school car Everyone tells me just to get another cutlass but, that i think would cost more money than fixing it with a motor swap and all... Thanks in advance
KMO

Hopefully the bulk of that 5K was in the drivetrain. Personally I would part with that one and buy a much more solid car. I saw 3 "reasonably" priced rollers on the net just this week and I am sure there are more.

I don't know where you are located, but if you are near WI. I know where a really nice GP roller is.

Good luck with your car.

Antkeimor

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2013
***update*** 9/18/13

Problem Solved
Thanks for all the responses and motivation
What you think?

Attachments

• 20130917_174622.jpg
    20130917_174622.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 465
  • 20130917_174603.jpg
    20130917_174603.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 461

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Have any pics of the car before the new vinyl was put on or is that the way you got the car back? I would be pretty concerned if you got it back like that for the $450 you mentioned before :shock:

Antkeimor

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2013
Sorry don't have any pics but did see the roof before the vinyl was put on its was done right with some metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor