Is this possible for a rear end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crd80BU said:
87 Buick Regal. 10 bolt posi. 323 gears. With traction bar. 52 inches from plate to plate

It's in an ad up here and I want to look at it but I cant find that spec listed for a 87 regal ie: posi

Ad here

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z440790232

the code for 3.23 gears in a G body is GU5. That would be 3 series carrier so you can go down from there if your thinking 3.42 gears or lower. I think he is thinking of the sway bar when he says traction bar

more importantly could it be a posi?

pontiacgp said:
Crd80BU said:
87 Buick Regal. 10 bolt posi. 323 gears. With traction bar. 52 inches from plate to plate

It's in an ad up here and I want to look at it but I cant find that spec listed for a 87 regal ie: posi

Ad here

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z440790232

the code for 3.23 gears in a G body is GU5. That would be 3 series carrier so you can go down from there if your thinking 3.42 gears or lower. I think he is thinking of the sway bar when he says traction bar

in the add the guy says it's a posi. If you thinking of getting it ask if anyone here is close to the location and maybe they can check it out or ask the guy to pull the cover and take a picture

the code for 3.23 gears in a G body is GU5. That would be 3 series carrier so you can go down from there if your thinking 3.42 gears or lower. I think he is thinking of the sway bar when he says traction bar[/quote]

Could it be the ultra rare GNX rear with the short torque arm with the long panhard (with the rare aluminum rear cover/torque arm mount)?

Doug
Sorry, my bad! I should have looked at the picture first!

$175.00 for an 8.5 posi is a little in the "too good to be true" category. But for 7.5 posi it's damn good deal!

Nobody said it wasn't possible for a plain regal to have a 7.5" posi so Im thinking I will buy it, I asked the guy for a picture with the pan off so I can confirm..

Nice Find!!
My posi took a crap this summer. I can spin that one wheel from almost any speed. LOL.

This is the inside:

is it a posi?

Attachments

• photo (Medium).JPG
    photo (Medium).JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 848
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor