It might be time to sell and move on.

People always ask me why I don't wrench for a living. ^^^ That is exactly why. ^^^ Most. if not all, of my 'professional' mechanic friends can't stand working on their own projects. The old saying is 'the shoemaker's kids go barefoot'.
Mark,
I think it's rare when people can work full time on customers rides and hope to accomplish work on their own vehicles with enthusiasm. When I was much younger I worked as an apprentice mechanic for a Porsche- Audi dealership and a BMW Mazda dealer for a short time. After working all day and commuting back and forth, I realized that it wasn't something that I wanted to do as a fulltime profession. As much as I enjoy working on my own car, it kind of sapped the enthusiasm out of me.
No offense to the guys that are professional mechanics .

Reactions: 5 users
Jack I was a Letter Carrier. I took the Postal mechanics test and passed. When I went to the Postal garage for the hands-on test and I saw the dungeon they worked in, I bolted. It was dark, dank, dirty, no sunshine, and they had a single home stereo speaker hung up on a wall blasting incomprehensible noise. There was a bunch standing around the tools cage and the 'shop steward', said to me they had a great operation, but just don't talk to 'that guy'. The guy was standing in an empty tractor/trailer engine compartment up to his eyeballs in work. Being me, I went right over to 'that guy' and asked him what they meant. He said "I am the only $%#*&%$ guy that does any work around here!". That was enough for me. If the 'shop steward' was a rat, I would not last there. [Some years later, that 'steward' showed up at my office as a boss, and a lousy one at that.] I told the guy testing me that I changed my mind and declined the job. I went back to carrying, outdoors, in the sunlight and fresh air. And I continued to work on my own cars. [I even did some off-the-books repairs behind the local bar for hot rodding cash].

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor