It might be time to sell and move on.

She’s a beauty. Think long and hard about it. If it were me, if you don’t need to sell for financial reasons, I’d hang on to her.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 1 users
Say it ain't so Jack!!! I get that way too, especially when I am just staring at it and thinking about all the work I SHOULD be doing to it. And just when I have about had it, someone needs something big moved, and it earns it's keep all over again. I would probably just give it to my kids or grandkids, but no one wants a manual transmission.
Mark,
The car has been an old friend for many years and seen it's time as a daily driver and schlep wagon. It was like having a small truck.

As someone very much in the health issues camp, here's my suggestion....

If you can set it up in one of those car storage bags for a while, do that. The market isn't going to fall out anytime soon, certainly not with new prices where they are. Full fluid replacement, fog the cylinders, etc etc etc.

It's always easier to sell later, than wish you had it back. And harder to find in this market too. Physical limitations are what they are, and, being unable to do all the work youd like is really tough, maybe even more mentally than as bad as it is physically.. but, theres something to be said for knowing what you've got even if you can't address the punch list anytime soon.

If you *did* decide to test the market, I'd hang a high enough price on it to get enough money that it makes a quality of life improvement for you. And it may be that there isn't a rational price that moves that needle in that direction.

This is truly a case of, "I know what I got." Unless the insurance is killing you, hold onto it. Rally the Forum and get your 200-4R. My wagon can contribute a rebuilt low-mile 3.73 7.5 with an Auburn posi plus some cash to offer for your 3.08 GN. Maybe we can help get you to completion. Vanrah's coupe probably got crushed; don't let that happen.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor