It's a good day for the Gbody community

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you guys are going to be selling a hardtop to ttop conversion? What's required in that install?
tobyp said:
lg1200 said:
so what are the clues for bro...let it out the bag already!! 😀

Me and the owner of Gbody Parts just spent the last 36 hours...seemed like it was straight placing cars in containers so we can have a solid platform for us to make parts for our cars at anytime. This was by FAR the hardest part to achieve to get us to the point where there can be quality parts manufactured. Most of the time when panels dont fit the supplier of the samples doesnt go though enough Due Dilligence to insure that the MFG has good samples to go from. We have also supplied the MFG vehicles they can test fit during the tooling process. This makes final fitment and our sign of approval easier to achieve when we do OUR test fit in the states. We have over 100 parts sent for reproduction. All the lights, moldings, sheet panels, bumpers, re-inforcement, interior pieces, etc.

Now, can we afford to tool up everything at once? No. But as mentioned above we have the platform created to tool when the demand is present. W

What we all need to work towards for each other, is spreading the word that this line of Gbody vehicles is a good car to modify, fix, drive, be a classic car, restore so we can afford to supply a demand for the parts. Without a demand we go no where.

Start spreading the word now. THe hardest part of providing samples is completed.

What is really cool is what Brian shows above. Imagine being able to take youlandau top off and put in T-Tops? We will have this conversion available.
Look at theis pic, there is a roof we stuffed in there just for this purpose.

When doing any roof conversion there is a lot of measuring . I have done about 8 replacement roofs. This is more on the line of a professional job for a body man. Now if you have a rusty t-top & need to weld in new patch panels they will be available as well.

Not sure if this already got mentioned and I missed it, but if you repopped the rubber seal that goes along the top of the tailgate for wagons, I bet you'd sell a ton of 'em...

Blake442 said:
Not sure if this already got mentioned and I missed it, but if you repopped the rubber seal that goes along the top of the tailgate for wagons, I bet you'd sell a ton of 'em...
@ Brian Gbody....should we do if?

tobyp said:
Blake442 said:
@ Brian Gbody....should we do if?

He is correct we do get a lot of requests for these over the years. Would you sell more then lower door seals?, no. But at the same time look at the amount of wagons out there & no one produces it. 7 manaufacturers making lower door seals for an example but no one making the rear seal for a wagon.
Do you have the data on what is on the road currently?

I would put this at about half the requests we get for Moon roof seals. Difference being those seals were availble thru Gm unitil we bought the last up to keep the prices reasonable. Now a moon roof seal sells for $250+
It is one of those things if no one offers it why keep looking? If you go on ebay one day & see a wagon rear seal They may sell like crazy.
Demand + no competeition = majority of the sales.
Reasonable pricing on a good product at 1/3rd of what Gm sold for = volume.

I would put a post in the wagon section & ask for input. 10 people say yes then the demand isn't there you get 40-50 people saying we would take them in a heart beat then you know.
A person once told me due dillagence? :shock:

So the vehicles landed and are unloaded today. The work has begun with mic'ing the doors and inners to make the die stamped patches. I also instructed the factory to start making the outer skin as well. This will allow us to repair our doors in just a few months. I was also thinking of making the lower quarter for the behind the wheel on both sides for us that have rust in the area that connects to the rear wheel house area. The trunk pans will be another hot item that I will get them to start on. Another factory is beginning to mic the a pillars and the t top roof section to have those available in and around the same time frame. We are taking a GN hood and having it made so those with Regals can clone to GN styles without the need to find the GN hood. I leave to go over seas at the end of this month for further instructions on making what else seems to be in demand. I also thought about making the trunk filler panels for those that convert to taking their vinyl off. These are all easier items that will be easy and less cost to tool.

Referring to any other SHEETMETAL what else is in demand?

For the love of Mike please see about Cutlass rear wheel houses (inner and outer) 😀

I leave for Taiwan next Friday. Any last requests send them now. About 40 preliminary projects to get started.

What about 78-80 turbo regal hoods, 80 regal fenders (we suffer tough luck cuz its a 1 year car), rear seat pans. I've seen plenty of floors but not the area under the seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor