It's a good day for the Gbody community

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
mebe007 said:
What about 78-80 turbo regal hoods, 80 regal fenders (we suffer tough luck cuz its a 1 year car), rear seat pans. I've seen plenty of floors but not the area under the seat

Sorry about this year range. We are going to start production on the Grand National Hood now.

chstonebraker

Greasemonkey
Feb 27, 2012
how bout some cool aftermaret hoods. all i ever see is straight cowl hood and they are super expencive... something a little different and out of the normal would be awesome. i think alot of guys would like some variety

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
chstonebraker said:
how bout some cool aftermaret hoods. all i ever see is straight cowl hood and they are super expencive... something a little different and out of the normal would be awesome. i think alot of guys would like some variety

I second this heavily, id love to have somebody start making some steel functioning cowl hoods or a repro of the W-40 hood in steel that is ram air functional and is a corrected version for the style of the scoops to match gbody cutlasses better than the fiberglass versions from USbody of the original W-30 hoods. Love to see any different steel cutlass hoods for that matter.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
MrLightning said:
chstonebraker said:

I second this heavily, id love to have somebody start making some steel functioning cowl hoods or a repro of the W-40 hood in steel that is ram air functional and is a corrected version for the style of the scoops to match gbody cutlasses better than the fiberglass versions from USbody of the original W-30 hoods. Love to see any different steel cutlass hoods for that matter.

Not to hijack the thread but why do cowl hoods always have that ridge down the center? I once considered getting a low 2 inch cowl for my Regal but I can't stand that ridge down the center. Why can't they just be flat?? Anyway, if anyone knows then tell me in a PM. The last thing I wanna do is hijack a thread dedicated to the reproduction of g-body parts. :oops:

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
chstonebraker said:

Guys Cowl Hoods are not cheap. I'll out line a process so you can better understand the process on how I am going to go about it. I develop cowl hoods for my company. I can turn a cowl hood in 9 months from initial thought to product on the shelf. I run the division that created SUV and truck accessories. See my example of this hood I just finished for the 02-08 RAM. You will see many tools that are being used. When I developed the hood I was only concerned with three stamping tools since the frame tools were already finished for the regular hood. I guess what I am saying is the hoods share the same tools except for the outer skin. This keeps developing modern day applications affordable.

When we start cowl hoods for the regal/cutlass we will start the same way. The Regal will be made but for the factory TTYPE and GN so those can clone. If that does well, we have the existing frame tools that we can share into the creative styling cowl hood designs. Lots to look forward to, but need active support building on our cars to keep the flow going.

Attachments

• Finished2.JPG
    Finished2.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 624
  • DSCF5904.JPG
    DSCF5904.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 612
  • DSCF5146.JPG
    DSCF5146.JPG
    804.6 KB · Views: 621
  • DSCF5147.JPG
    DSCF5147.JPG
    685.3 KB · Views: 618
  • DSCF5148.JPG
    DSCF5148.JPG
    680.5 KB · Views: 647

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
MrLightning said:
chstonebraker said:

The reason straight hoods sell is because they can be somewhat liked, or really liked. It's like neutral colors of painting a house. It, for the most part is safe. WHen developers look at the initial investment they take these points into consideration. I take those points into consideration. I have a hood for an 88-98 CK series pickup truck that out sells every one of my functioning cowls and radical designs 10:1. Now us being the car freaks think a little different but not that much differently. For a tool to be profitable it needs to produce. You see the tools I show you above. They are not cheap, they are not small, and they are not easy to just thow on a press, so volume speaks alot. If you all want designs send me what you like. Here attached are of how this all began in sketches. Everyone wants designs, put them in a post and I will consider.

Anyone guess what this hood is for??? Little trivia, it is a truck.

Attachments

• prototype_2012.JPG
    prototype_2012.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 612

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
307 Regal said:
MrLightning said:
chstonebraker said:

Not to hijack the thread but why do cowl hoods always have that ridge down the center? I once considered getting a low 2 inch cowl for my Regal but I can't stand that ridge down the center. Why can't they just be flat?? Anyway, if anyone knows then tell me in a PM. The last thing I wanna do is hijack a thread dedicated to the reproduction of g-body parts. :oops:

I think that I addressed your questions in the above thread. If you feel this strongly everyone, send me examples. Believe it or not this is how all this stuff starts, with the general population and a person that has some resources.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
for the sake of just showing, some process of making cowl hoods from my last trip

Attachments

• DSCF5154.JPG
    DSCF5154.JPG
    711.8 KB · Views: 599
  • DSCF5153.JPG
    DSCF5153.JPG
    711.5 KB · Views: 631
  • DSCF5145.JPG
    DSCF5145.JPG
    704.3 KB · Views: 608
  • DSCF5113.JPG
    DSCF5113.JPG
    825.5 KB · Views: 614
  • DSCF5106.JPG
    DSCF5106.JPG
    693.8 KB · Views: 607

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Here is what is going to start being produced for the Buick Regal from one manufacturer.

GN hood make
rear edge molding make
Front t top windshield panel
A pillar ttop
roof panel intergrate with t top panel
trunk lid
Inner structure of deck lid
inner structure of hood
Roof structure on hold to r &d with Brian to see how to make, will separate roof look at and advise
100% qtr
qtr panels patches
outer wheel house
inner wheel house
rear bumper with guards
front bumper with guards
trunk filler panel
front reinforcement
rear reinforcement
upper door molding anodized molding
cowl hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor