It's a good day for the Gbody community

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Here is what another manufacturer is going to start production for the Cutlass Supreme

doors
qtr panels patches
trunk floor drop off
outer wheel house
inner wheel house
rear bumper with guards
front bumper with guards
100% qtr
trunk filler panel
trunk lid
cowl hood
hood hinges
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I will visit molding factories today to see about schedules for makiing our needed moldings. Should be able to report back similiar key points like above.

The factory that is making the Regal parts is going to start quoting me the cost of aluminum hoods, supports and reinforcements. I will pass along the approx retail to see if there is interest. If not, we will go steel

Time to start planning needed repairs for our platform. Parts WILL be available starting soon.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Here is what another manufacturer is going to start production for the Cutlass Supreme

doors
qtr panels patches
trunk floor drop off
outer wheel house
inner wheel house
rear bumper with guards
front bumper with guards
100% qtr
trunk filler panel
trunk lid
cowl hood
hood hinges

I think I just wet myself! :mrgreen:

Nasty gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 28, 2011
Will everything be avail to convert a hardtop to a t-top car?
tobyp said:
Here is what is going to start being produced for the Buick Regal from one manufacturer.

GN hood make
rear edge molding make
Front t top windshield panel
A pillar ttop
roof panel intergrate with t top panel
trunk lid
Inner structure of deck lid
inner structure of hood
Roof structure on hold to r &d with Brian to see how to make, will separate roof look at and advise
100% qtr
qtr panels patches
outer wheel house
inner wheel house
rear bumper with guards
front bumper with guards
trunk filler panel
front reinforcement
rear reinforcement
upper door molding anodized molding
cowl hood

robert56

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2010
VERY exciting!! looking forward to hearing about the moldings and aluminum parts. I assume if the parts are made in steel, they will be internally coated with E-coat or something so they don't just rust from the inside out like the original parts did?

tobyp said:
I will visit molding factories today to see about schedules for makiing our needed moldings. Should be able to report back similiar key points like above.

The factory that is making the Regal parts is going to start quoting me the cost of aluminum hoods, supports and reinforcements. I will pass along the approx retail to see if there is interest. If not, we will go steel

Time to start planning needed repairs for our platform. Parts WILL be available starting soon.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
robert56 said:
VERY exciting!! looking forward to hearing about the moldings and aluminum parts. I assume if the parts are made in steel, they will be internally coated with E-coat or something so they don't just rust from the inside out like the original parts did?

tobyp said:

Yes parts will be exact as the factory makes them oem style

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
T top conversion project is a very good project that we will focus on as well. I need to spend much time making sure the fit is correct. Quality must be good. We will make but it takes a little time. But. We will make the rust repair pieces now to repair the failure areas.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
For the Cutlass: Trunk Floor Drop Off??
What is that exactly? Does that cover the area where the frame meets the body in the back (where the capture nuts are for the body bolts)? I have a patch kit I bought on line, but the passenger side looks like the rust may carry on past what the patch will cover.

Bottom pics on the page.
http://hutchhiperf.com/ProjectPics2.html

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
from what ive heard about the cost analysis of producing doors, it didnt seem likely but im certainly glad to see it happening

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
Peter said:
from what ive heard about the cost analysis of producing doors, it didnt seem likely but im certainly glad to see it happening
It wasn't so much the cost but as the re-sale quantity. We have parted out over 600 Gbody's. 95% wrecks.Others are projects that were so stripped down it wasn't worth putting back together but to sell to help save other cars. Out of all these cars how many rust free like new doors would you get?
20%-25% best. So to say we have sold 120-150 sets of mint doors is a fair estimate.
Not having new Doors you can't compile data because it is an unavailable part. We have sold a lot of patch panels.

So after reviewing I think Toby was able to understand this & be the first on the market. He has laid out a lot of his reputation for us.

Today we are next day shipping some essential NOS parts over for the best results. This is also including T-tops & quarter glass for Vinyl to Hard top coversions. Yes NOS parts to get the highest quality results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor