It's a good day for the Gbody community

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Peter said:
if you guys can come up with a quality replacement door for the regals and cutlasses for a decent price. at least you have a big market right there because even show room gbodies can have trouble there. Anything more than say 150 dollars a door, your going to be pushing your luck id say.

This is the reason I am not doing the doors. We all need to realize there is more money than 150$ in material alone.

My company, & Gbodyparts.com have well over $75,000.00 invested in my time Brian's time and his parts in the past 9 months. This is the truth, it adds up quick. $150.00 for a door is probably 50-75$ less than cost FOB.

[/quote]
The quarters on these cars hold up pretty well but ive noticed a pillars on t-top cars toward the bottom can rot out. also roof skins are another common area on real mistreated cars. go to these areas with a couple of easy selling performance and replacement hoods and I think you'll be off to a good start. Also bumper fillers across the board![/quote]

Full quarters are on the list for those that want to remove landau and find cancer. 100% are the object. The Quarters also rust from the rocker trim at the trunk. Roof skins will be made and I think the T-TOP conversion will be a good option and a homerun for all.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
this is big news...awesome! i want a cowl induction hood for my regal something awful...and filler panels just for the sake of having some extras..good sh*t bro!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
pencero said:
thedoctorisin said:
Siiick! Any thoughts on fiberglass body panels?

I'm a little off topic I guess -

Thanks to toby P a lot of people appreciate what you're doing and I hope you are getting a website with a nice design together so that people become aware of you in case these test panels really do work out and get slotted for production. While youre working w/ these manufacturers maybe you can see about the euro - clips. I've seen clear aftermarket euro-clip turn signals with modern clear headlight panel but have not seen any reproduction versions of the original out there. Just an idea

I appreciate the note of thanks. I will not have a web site for the products procured. I am a product manager that works for a large company that happens to have a passion for the G. As you can see I own one as well. I have been blessed with the ability to use our weight to make this become a reality. I ask that you support whomever you choose on the products. I choose not to advertise where I am from. I would hope since Brian at GBodyparts.com has put forth as much effort as me, that you would choose to support his business. Without Gbodyparts we would not have anything in the works. He is also a supporting vendor of this forum.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Any thoughts on narrowed bumpers for the chrome bumper cars? The doors would be a good part to be reproduced I don't think anyone will want to buy them at the price it will take to make them and keep making them

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
79loserbluebu said:
Any thoughts on narrowed bumpers for the chrome bumper cars? The doors would be a good part to be reproduced I don't think anyone will want to buy them at the price it will take to make them and keep making them

Narrowed bumpers....can you elaborate?

brubble

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2011
I'd be willIng to pay $350-400 for a good fitting door. Can't wait for the t top I've been looking for a replacement, I have rust from the top of the windshield back.

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
I really pushed for doors. But when I hear if you could sell $150 for doors I am a little taken back. The average business sells used doors from $250 & up, to some other that sell them for $650 a door.You go to Summit & see 1 door for a 78-83 malibu for $450 you have to realize that they are not cheap. I don't think people really understand the costs to build items.
Peter I am not picking on you I am using your comment for an example. Alot of people feel that way.
I was guilty of that years ago when I was a customer before I went into business. It was also my age. I remember doing an 86 SS back in 97. Junk yard door was $300.00 at that time because the car wasn't old yet. Also yards knew what they had. You didn't see a SS in a junkyard back then.
We are at that point again where you don't see SS's in the junk yards any more. I get the same e-mails & calls daily so I have a pretty good idea what will sell, what is needed, & prices. I think we calculated we would have to sell over 600 sets of doors to pay for the mold. After researching door sales for the malibu $450 each would take a long time.
Luckily we have Toby here who will listen at what is needed & produce door skins. Inner door patch panel that are stamped not the generic ones that are out there now.
In order to keep this moving I am pushing for the t-top roof panels & A-pillars to get built with the door skins. When his company see that item moving they will want to move forwrd & continue producing parts. I feel eventually one day we may have new complete doors.
I feel good enough about Toby & his company that we handed over 2 rust free cars for test fitting & a 15 year collection of NOS sheet metal, Trim, Lights,grills, & molding. Yes handed over as in no charge. I feel they will do a good job & not like the after market parts we are use to seeing.
Now if we can just get him to stop talking about his kitchen counters :lol:

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
tobyp said:
79loserbluebu said:

Narrowed bumpers....can you elaborate?

Narrowed Like the fiber glass units are on a Elky or malibu. We carry them too I just couldn't fine them on my site to send you a link.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor