Its me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You being up in the great white north, I agree with your 800 cca batteries, even bigger if you can fit one.
I think this one is actually 850 CCA, no issues with 5W30 synthetic. I try not to drive the Olds in the winter but my Dakota decided to ingest coolant so it was drove a bit sooner than I like this year.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I think this one is actually 850 CCA, no issues with 5W30 synthetic. I try not to drive the Olds in the winter but my Dakota decided to ingest coolant so it was drove a bit sooner than I like this year.
Is that a mixed blessing? Too bad for the Dodge, too fun with the Olds.
No, seriously, sorry to hear about the Dodge, and you don't want to be taking the Olds out if there is any snow/salt residues on the roads.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Alright, got the new battery and alt on. Both holding 14.4 volts. At first the needle on the V guage was slightly in red so i took it for a 20 minute frive on the highway...Now the needle is out of the red and is Dead center on the gauge. Still some bouncing when using blinkers. But im not gonna worry about that right now. Gonna throw a tender on the battery to make sure its 100% fully charged. Still waiting on that "unclocked" alt but everything looks good. Car starts and turns off when i want😎 found a gm steering column rebuild kit that i might pick up to fix the slop and that bearing. Now its onto other things to fix😂

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Alright, got the new battery and alt on. Both holding 14.4 volts. At first the needle on the V guage was slightly in red so i took it for a 20 minute frive on the highway...Now the needle is out of the red and is Dead center on the gauge. Still some bouncing when using blinkers. But im not gonna worry about that right now. Gonna throw a tender on the battery to make sure its 100% fully charged. Still waiting on that "unclocked" alt but everything looks good. Car starts and turns off when i want😎 found a gm steering column rebuild kit that i might pick up to fix the slop and that bearing. Now its onto other things to fix😂
How much did you end up paying for DIY ignition repair, compared to what the mechanic wanted to charge you?

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Parts were 50 if you include swapping the tumbler. And a few hours of my time.....compared to 3-600 at the shop i called 🤔

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Parts were 50 if you include swapping the tumbler. And a few hours of my time.....compared to 3-600 at the shop i called 🤔
Good deal. Now, find somebody else who needs help doing the same thing, and charge them $250 for your expertise. (Oh, plus parts, of course.)

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Hahaha. Thats still some robbery going on!!! I would do the labor for some good grilled food and a few beers.....and then a ride home cuz i dont drink and drive😎 thats the friends and family discount😂

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Next thing is all balljoints and the column....then maybe all the shocks. Stay tuned for more action, im a repeat offender here! I should get a gopro to video record everything i do and then post them on here/youtube to help other people.....but then i would probly get banned from cussing to much!!

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Got the other alt today. Its clocked in the factory position. Also this new one didnt have that sticker about the voltage regulator either....someone should drug test that other guy! But this one had to be grinded down so the bolt could go thru the "hinge" part and still have the other bolt line up. Bought another alt plug....this one fit perfect. Also found the plug for my disty cap(for the tach?) the original one was spliced into and hanging together by a couple wires. My to-do list under the hood is almost complete. Tighten belts and might have to tighten 1 WP bolt behind the a/c brackets....i seen a dribble.....maybe it will go away...but thats it. I have the factory fan shroud, should i put that on, will it help? I have 1 electric fan (puller)on the car....

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes, put the shroud on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor