Jeep Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My 2004 Grand Cherokee wipers won't park, on intermittent they stop where they want and then continue until they decide to stop again. They work on full speed fine but they won't park. My older Jeep had that problem and the cure was easy with the module behind the kick panel and it took a dab of solder to fix. I have tried looking up the cure for my 2004 but I can't seem to come across it.

Thanks...:)

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'll give you the same answer as I gave my stepfather on his 2016 grand cherokee...

Step one, wash the car, especially the windshield area.

Step two, remove the wiper blade, carefully, you don't want to break anything.

Step three, replace everything you're not holding.

It took 5 months, but it worked great for him. The 2018 chevrolet camaro ss 2 runs great, and the wipers are working normal again!

(This is actually a true story)

Nov 4, 2012
The delay/pulse module is probably bad. The solder joints inside them seem to crack and cause them to go bad. I've replaced a couple of them, IIRC the part is around $40 aftermarket. You can crack open the module you have and resolder the joints and see if that works.

Nov 4, 2012
Correction- I was thinking you have a ZJ Grand Cherokee. On the WJs I'm pretty sure the park switch is built into the wiper motor. Solution is to replace the wiper motor.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The 96 I had was the one with the easy fix with module. This one I found contradicting repairs from a simple 5 pin relay to a more complicated repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor