Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Thanks to all the guys who posted the pics and here is mine. :D
1229092313.jpg

I tried to take a pic of the steering wheel "stub" with the notching but my phone died.. Just spread it a bit and slide it on figure out where the bolt goes through and file it down a bit and the bolt should slide in easy with no resistance.
treed_cutlass said:
I think i'll try to find one of these at the local wrecking yards if I can get it cheap enough.

If you have trouble finding one let me know i have pulled some and sent them out for a few members already. There seems to be a buttload of Jeeps out here. I haven't been to the salvage yard in a while with all the snow and it bein cold.

treed_cutlass

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2008
Good backlighting! :)

Thanks for the offer, you did notice I'm in Canada, right?

I'll keep you in mind if I can't get my hands on one. I just met someone who (apparently) has a connection at a wrecking yard in town... hopefully I'll come across one.

If I don't, how much do you want for one?

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Thanks! i did it at night with my LG Voyager phone :D I would do about 25 plus shipping. seeing as the closest salvage yard is about 20 miles from me and i usually go to about 3-4 yards when i go "shopping" for parts. 8)

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
Very nice info! Will pick set of jeep steering shaft,
do u guys have from what year to what year, and is it only from a jeep grand Cherokee???

thanks guys

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Outsider is right. It's plain cherokees, not grand cherokees. I pulled mine out of an 89' cherokee and all I had to do was heat it up with a torch to melt the plastic clips inside. That way it would slide to length with no issues.

trog

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2009
tampa, florida
be aware that if you have a 78 this wont work--column is different

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor