Jet performance Carbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
CamaroAdam73 said:
Also i'm kicking myself in the *ss for doing some of the work i did to my Qjet. For starters i painted it, never doing that again. It turned out to just be a big mess, I also deleted the choke and restoring it is not an option because i removed the choke housing as well.

This may be a dumb question, but, did you plug the giant vacuum leak that removing the choke causes? I made that mistake years ago, and condemmed an otherwise ok carb. I agree on the reman carbs, steer clear, It took me a long time to straighten out the one I put on my jeep, still isn't as good as the one on my malibu, (which was an unmolested core off a cadillac 500), but it's decent.

Yeah i plugged the vacc port for the choke, i checked that probably 4 times hoping it was the issue, no leak, no prevail hah. Yeah this carb is a parts donar now. Good thing is the rods/jets are brand spanking new, i probably replaced just about every last piece of hardware on the damn thing so it's got plenty of new parts i can use on another Qjet

Would a carb from a 307 work bonnewagon? if so, ugotbronx how much? 😀

*EDIT*
Nevermind ugotbronx, i just remembered i have a friend who literally has over 50 qjets. If anybody remembers me posting up awhile back about finding a guy willing to sell me a 455 for 300$ and he also had a few caddy 500's. same guy, treasure trove of Qjets and what not. I'll hit him up and grab one.

The original carb for this 403 was an 850 CFM, he has no 403s i know this, so should i nab a carb from one of the 400s or one of the 455s?

Either would work, like I mentioned, my olds 350 is topped with a caddy 500 q-jet. Only thing I'm not enthused is the side inlet fuel line (looks like a chevy carb :x ), but it functions perfectly. The olds 403 and 350 used virtually the same set up for carb.

CamaroAdam73 said:
Would a carb from a 307 work bonnewagon? if so, ugotbronx how much? 😀

Not if it's a CCC carb.

P.S. I see Cliff's is down to 'only' a 9 month wait. It was a whole year when I talked to him last!

Give this guy a call he rebushes and sets up the carb to your vehicle and altitude and very resonably priced. Qaudrajets is all he works on. He has hundreds of them in stock. ALZ CARBZ 208-200-2853, tell him Cody sent ya he will hook ya up with a good carb and warranty.

You know what Adam? One of my best working carbs came off a Buick 350. It's just flawless and all I did was richen it up a bit for my 400. And I have used that same carb on a 301, just leaned it out to 301 specs. That's what's so cool about Q-jets, they are as close to one-size-fits-all as you can get, although there are subtle differences over the years. I'd worry more about do the throttle cable and transmission cable, fit properly. See this site it is loaded with factory specs for Q-jets.http://www.newagemetal.com/

Thanks for all the info guys, this is hands down the best forum out there 😛. seriously, any time i doubt myself or need second opinions this is the first place that comes to mind. I'm hell bent on staying with Qjet, i can pickup a brand new in the box Edelbrock 750 for 200$ even ( i have a pretty nice discount with autozone) but i feel like i would really lose ALLOT going with an edelbrock VS Qjet.

BTW, the guy is looking to empty out his garage and there are many, many buick/olds/pontiac big and small blocks + caddy 500/ 472? in there. If anyone is looking i can find out if he's got what you need, and we can go from there. You will have to drive to get it, and we're located in western PA, he lives 20 minutes outside of SOMERSET, PA 15501. If anybody is interested PM me.

Hmmmm, when I visit my relatives I get off at Donegal exit. I wonder if it's time for an Iron City run? :mrgreen:

CamaroAdam73 said:
Shang, hows the car running now? If the guys good i'll consider going with him.
12.98 on motor, 11.87 with a 150 shot. Then turn on the A/C and drive home. 🙂 Before I bought the carb from SMI I was running in the mid 13's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor