Keeping big block under the hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
That thing is clean!!! I love it! I'm assuming it's a gm intake?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

stew86MCSS396

Greasemonkey
Aug 1, 2022
(808)
x2 Video reminded me so much of mine. Thank you for sharing!!! I miss my "turned into rust bucket" 86MCSS BBC 396 M20 w 3.73 posi. Gave up when I discovered the beyond my abilities gaping rust holes above the a/c box. Some of the underhood bracing had to be cut to clear the BBC truck serpentine. The power steering pulley would make contact with the pinion adjustment on the power steering on very hard shifts!!! Was going to use a smaller pulley from a thirdgen camaro I acquired but never installed. Daily drove it to work for about five years circa '98-'03.

Attachments

• 86MCSS396.jpg
    86MCSS396.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jjjaffo

Apprentice
Jul 2, 2022
Monroe Wisconsin
I have done a boatload of research since starting this thread and have come to the conclusion that my rat needs to breathe. I came across a 2 inch cowl hood that actually looks quite natural. I wanted the original hood for that stealth look but let's be real, the exhaust note will clearly tell the tale. Thanks to all who replied!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor