Key won’t turn at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndon

Apprentice
Oct 25, 2011
kansas city area
Hey guys have an 83 Monte that was parked and moved from the side of my house to the driveway. Now my key won’t turn forward at all but it will turn back. Transmission was rebuilt about 2 months ago and I’m just puzzled where should I start. Bought a new key to see if that would work and nothing

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Try turning the lower portion of the steering column counterclockwise then try turning the key forward

Reactions: 1 user

lyndon

Apprentice
Oct 25, 2011
kansas city area
That didn’t work either quick question this cable is loose running from my dash down to the transmission it always has been but worked but could it be the problem?
B76A5C14-3A75-4B53-8132-B36A2C1573A6.jpeg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If it goes from your dash to the side of the trans it is your speedo cable that should have no affect on the turning the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor