Know anyone in NYC That specializes in gbody swaps

I am in Queens. The problem here is that no one wants to do an extended project that can go wrong in so many ways. They only want to do quick jobs to get as much cash as quickly as possible. Brakes, oil, tires, etc. It is a rare shop that will even know what a G-body is, let alone know the right way to go about a swap. I had a hot-rod loving friend with a shop right near my job that would do anything. We sent out a 1988 Firebird engine to be rebuilt by my machinist. Then my shop buddy did the swap. While the Firebird was at the shop- the radio was stolen. Like I said- Queens. Unfortunately my buddy passed away a few years ago. I guess the best way to find a guy is to cruise around and if you see a likely looking shop- stop and speak with them. Every now and then I see a front wheel drive engine/trans on a dolly out front so there are some shops willing to do it. Remember that most mechanics today don't even know what a carburetor or a distributor are.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone in nyc
Where are you? Shitty City is a big place.

The politicians are crowing about shutting down the 'Iron Triangle' in Flushing. But you could get ANYTHING done there. Lots of junkyards like Sambucci, Flushing Auto Spring, everything and anything.

Reactions: 1 user
I am in Queens. The problem here is that no one wants to do an extended project that can go wrong in so many ways. They only want to do quick jobs to get as much cash as quickly as possible. Brakes, oil, tires, etc. It is a rare shop that will even know what a G-body is, let alone know the right way to go about a swap. I had a hot-rod loving friend with a shop right near my job that would do anything. We sent out a 1988 Firebird engine to be rebuilt by my machinist. Then my shop buddy did the swap. While the Firebird was at the shop- the radio was stolen. Like I said- Queens. Unfortunately my buddy passed away a few years ago. I guess the best way to find a guy is to cruise around and if you see a likely looking shop- stop and speak with them. Every now and then I see a front wheel drive engine/trans on a dolly out front so there are some shops willing to do it. Remember that most mechanics today don't even know what a carburetor or a distributor are.
find some machine shops, ask them if they know any mechanics they recommend

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor