L29 454 ROUND 2........FIGHT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Oh, and speaking of a rotten 2020, this happened too! Before pictures the day I bought it the evening before I dropped it off at The Vette Doctor Inc.

scroll down towards the bottom for the after pictures.

Just wow. I see a lawsuit/court in your future.

marauderprime

Apprentice
Jun 21, 2016
Does anybody have any advice about Rustoleum vs POR-15? If Rustoleum will do the job after sandblasting and welding, it would save me a boatload of money I could use elsewhere in the car.....

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
POR-15 will seal 'better'.
But 'anything' is better than uncoated steel. If Rustoleum is easier, it would be better vs uncoated.

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
I have used a lot of por15. I've had great luck with it but you need to follow thier instructions to a T. That includes thier metal prep which is a metal etching process. The nice thing with that oleum would be easy touch up. Ever think about getting a quote to get it painted with an industrial paint?

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I like the way the semi flat Rust-oleum looks. I can't stand the appearance of the glossy POR15 over a nasty scaled frame. The Rust-oleum holds up decent and can be applied to an imperfect frame. When I say imperfect, mean imperfect for TX, not MI. I put Rust-oleum on my 1500 a couple of years ago and it's holding up decently. After all, it does come from a rattle can. Next time I do this I'm using Eastwood's frame paint as I believe it's a 2 part.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Sorry for your loss.

Powder coat, maybe? Not a fan of uncatalayzed paints, and locally at least, you can powder coat for close to the cost of a good complete 2K system from bare metal through etch/epoxy and the paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor