Last call, The 1983 Malibu wagon

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thinking its new steering wheel time. I had a grant gt that i salvaged from another project for way too long. I have the grant billet kit as well. Any info on size and types? Id appreciate it. Pictures would be nice too
Bill,
Le Carra makes a nice quality wheel. They're leather wrapped with aluminum spokes. I believe they're made in France. I found one on the site for my friend. Some of the upholstery wrapping was worn, but my friend did the repair and it turned out nice. The price was right, too. I did see them on Summit and they're a bit pricey. Definitely a better quality wheel than a Grant, in my opinion. I believe it's 15" in diameter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Tack427

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
Boston MA
Bill,
Le Carra makes a nice quality wheel. They're leather wrapped with aluminum spokes. I believe they're made in France. I found one on the site for my friend. Some of the upholstery wrapping was worn, but my friend did the repair and it turned out nice. The price was right, too. I did see them on Summit and they're a bit pricey. Definitely a better quality wheel than a Grant, in my opinion. I believe it's 15" in diameter.
I ended up buying a Grant.

Attachments

• IMG_6572.png
    IMG_6572.png
    302.9 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Dontcha just love the way Photo***** "protects your pictures by plastering their logo all over them to make them unviewable? They have been pestering me for over a year over an album that I had set up for a now defunct website, threatening to delete them. Machs Nix to me as the shots in question are copies and the originals are tucked away safely elsewhere. Still they do persist.

All that aside, Great Project and good to see the evolution of it over time.

Nick

• Agree

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Dontcha just love the way Photo***** "protects your pictures by plastering their logo all over them to make them unviewable? They have been pestering me for over a year over an album that I had set up for a now defunct website, threatening to delete them. Machs Nix to me as the shots in question are copies and the originals are tucked away safely elsewhere. Still they do persist.

All that aside, Great Project and good to see the evolution of it over time.

Nick
Yeah,
They've been busting my cahones threatening to delete my pictures, holding them hostage until I coughed up some dough, which they have already done so as far as I know. And I agree with you about them plastering their logo across your pictures making them unviewable. Even some of my pics that I haven't even posted on their site. I don't know how they were able to achieve that. THEY SUCK!!

Last edited:

Tack427

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
Boston MA
Finally got around to removing my 25 year “temporary” Grant steering wheel and upgrading to a new Grant wheel.
IMG_7189.jpeg

IMG_7190.jpeg

If i can clean the leather on the white wheel. It my make its way into a 81 Ford Fairmont that belongs to a buddy of mine. He’s trying to gather the cash to have a 302 built for it, already swapped the rearend and front axles from a foxbody.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor