Lastest picture of your wagon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Jack! Your wagon looks terrific! I'm to a point where my shop is full, I refuse to park it outside. The boat storage unit she has been staying in just went up in price......If I keep her, the 305 MUST go. It's just hard to justify any more blood, sweat or tears.
Brian,
Thank you sir.
You've put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in your wagon. I could understand you not wanting to park it outside. It's still a great looking wagon. I'd love to see you finish it, but again that's your choice.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Don't do it, guys.

I've had six wagons, and they get to a point and get sold due to time constraints and drive to finish. Every time I think I'll buy one better/farther along/done, and each time I wind up buying in at the low end and starting all over again, doing what i have done times before. Last time, it took almost 3 years just to find another one that wasn't either rusty, grossly overpriced, or a hacked-up mess. The current wagon falls into this as well. It needs a lot and between college tuition, unrelenting work schedule, family life/obligations, and the fact that I love being part of this community and seeing everybody else's projects, it has been extremely hard to make any progress.

I'm not asking for sympathy, just trying to give you something to think about. I'd be over the moon if my wagon looked anywhere near as good as either of yours...let alone the fact that yours are running/driving. I have a carb that's been soaking for week, and need to pull a distributor for it from the coupe engine, and then there's the whole exhaust issue.... all just to make it driveable again. But DAMMIT, I love these cars and this summer has sucked not having one mobile.

Sadly, the last picture I posted in this thread is exactly where/how it sits today.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Don't do it, guys.

I've had six wagons, and they get to a point and get sold due to time constraints and drive to finish. Every time I think I'll buy one better/farther along/done, and each time I wind up buying in at the low end and starting all over again, doing what i have done times before. Last time, it took almost 3 years just to find another one that wasn't either rusty, grossly overpriced, or a hacked-up mess. The current wagon falls into this as well. It needs a lot and between college tuition, unrelenting work schedule, family life/obligations, and the fact that I love being part of this community and seeing everybody else's projects, it has been extremely hard to make any progress.

I'm not asking for sympathy, just trying to give you something to think about. I'd be over the moon if my wagon looked anywhere near as good as either of yours...let alone the fact that yours are running/driving. I have a carb that's been soaking for week, and need to pull a distributor for it from the coupe engine, and then there's the whole exhaust issue.... all just to make it driveable again. But DAMMIT, I love these cars and this summer has sucked not having one mobile.

Sadly, the last picture I posted in this thread is exactly where/how it sits today.
Brian,
You've let a few nice cars get away over the years. I can understand where family commitments and obligations can put a squeeze on being able to finish a project. Even my own car. I came close to ditching the project and looking for something else. Finding nice cars that need nothing, or very little are getting fewer and farther between. Having owned my car for so long, it only made sense to keep it and continue to complete it. Although we know that you're never finished with a project.
I would hope one day that you'll be able to finish your 2-dr wagon project. That's a project that I have always wanted to do, but lost patience and was unable to find a decent donor/ parts car.
You're right though. If I sold the car....first off, what would I replace it with? Secondly, I'm sure I'd have seller's remorse. I've actually owned this car for 32 yrs.
I have had thoughts of building a Rambler American stationwagon. Perhaps in another life. Honestly, I don't think I have the energy or enthusiasm to build another car.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Thanks for the encouragement guys!
After a bit of cleaning and driving my wagon for a few days, Ive ordered a few things (and thought a whole lot about a power plant/t56 swap :rolleyes:).
I am going to tint up the windows (finally) and patch up my nasty front door panels.
It might be time to see if the ol Never Ending Project can get back on track,....at least in a small way.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Brian,
I'm glad to hear that you're reconsidering letting it go. I know you put a lot of work into it at this stage, you might as well enjoy the fruits of your labor.
I truly think you'd enjoy the car with a new drivetrain upgrade. It will certainly change your whole perspective.
It will definitely look badass with tinted windows. I think a nicely built 383 smallblock would put a smile on your face.
I still plan to tint my windows, but I need to replace my driver's window first..nasty scratches.

Last edited:

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Testing out some tint on the drivers side. My neighbors already called this "The Mafia Car" before any tint. It definitely boosts the sinister factor.
tint 1.jpg

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Brian,
The tint definitely gives it the sinister factor...especially on a black car... I dig it.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Oh, look what followed me to work today!
The car looks good, man. Would you be able to post a few larger pics of it? Unless, of course, it's not yours in the picture.

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
The car looks good, man. Would you be able to post a few larger pics of it? Unless, of course, it's not yours in the picture.
It is! I'll try to get better pictures when my phone is fixed. I took this on my potato grade Galaxy Nexus which is about 9 years old with a 5 Megapixel camera lol. My Droid Turbo which is only 4 years old has a much better camera, but I dropped it, so I ordered a bunch of parts for it to fix it instead of buying a new phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor