Lastest picture of your wagon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The hot lick is to turn down a steel 425 crank's counterweights or use spacers on the main bearings with an aftermarket crank.
I have heard about turning down the rod journals offset in order to increase the stroke and using Chevy rods and pistons. If I understood correctly.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I have heard about turning down the rod journals offset in order to increase the stroke and using Chevy rods and pistons. If I understood correctly.
Same but different: the 425 is a big block crank; the counterweights don't physically fit between the pan rails (I think- or hit the bore skirts). The 350 diesel has big block sized mains, too. So, in order to put a small block crank in, most use billet main caps with a spacer in the block side of the main journals.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rea...oker-diesel-block-opinions-needed-t15939.html

Last edited:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Same but different: the 425 is a big block crank; the counterweights don't physically fit between the pan rails (I think- or hit the bore skirts). The 350 diesel has big block sized mains, too. So, in order to put a small block crank in, most use billet main caps with a spacer in the block side of the main journals.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rea...oker-diesel-block-opinions-needed-t15939.html
Thanks for explaining that to me, and providing the link. I'm really not up on Oldsmobile engine mods and related stuff.
I have heard in the past regarding Olds diesel blocks being preferred for racing engines. It makes you wonder about how many of these engines were scrapped for gasoline engines.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Aug 8, 2017
Northern California
Wow thanks for that knowledge.... The gentleman i acquired it from took really good care of it. I always thought these engines were made to fail, my plan was to run it till it cracks in half then swap it out. Im in CA so its even better as i would not have to get it smogged.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Wow thanks for that knowledge.... The gentleman i acquired it from took really good care of it. I always thought these engines were made to fail, my plan was to run it till it cracks in half then swap it out. Im in CA so its even better as i would not have to get it smogged.
If you're in Kali, whatever you do, don't get suckered into Mondello "Performance" in Paso Robles. Avoid at all costs!
Go with his son if you want an engine built: https://www.ebay.com/str/bernardmondelloracingenterprises

Reactions: 1 user

Mallory

Apprentice
Apr 21, 2016
Newest picture....went for a cruise.

Attachments

• IMG_4966.JPG
    IMG_4966.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 331
  • IMG_4967.JPG
    IMG_4967.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 331
Reactions: 2 users

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Straight out of storage

IMAG5401.jpg

I dug her out of storage today.....Might be time to let her go :-(

Last edited:
  • In Love
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Hey Brian,
Good to see it out of mothballs...but sorry that you're considering selling it. I'm debating the same thought.

Hey Jack! Your wagon looks terrific! I'm to a point where my shop is full, I refuse to park it outside. The boat storage unit she has been staying in just went up in price......If I keep her, the 305 MUST go. It's just hard to justify any more blood, sweat or tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor