Late Model Bucket Seat Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
So am I understanding that it is factory G body tracks bolted to the W body seats with some bracket adapters in between?

Rumor I saw was that split bench G body tracks bolt to W body seats and drop in to the car. I have yet to confirm that.

Makes me want to get around to swapping seats in my 2+2 with a set of W body seats more now.

yes, the mounting spacing is about 1.5" wider on the W-body. I've seen other posts, but figured I'd update it with what I found out. If you reuse the Gbody power seat transmission, it would be easier, but mine was on it's way out, so I had the added complexity of putting the Wbody transmission on the Gbody tracks. You can see the conduit I used to "use up" the extra length of the drive cables.

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Which models are the w-bodies?
I read here on GBF that s10 seats into the late 80's early 90's will fit on g-body tracks.

The Wbodies are any of the Buick Regal, Monte, GP, of the 90's thru the 2000's. The S10 and Fbody seats will probably bolt right in, but finding decent seats, and one's in the right color can be challenging. I've got a pair of Firebird seats for my wife's GP, they look like they will bolt right up.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The Wbodies are any of the Buick Regal, Monte, GP, of the 90's thru the 2000's. The S10 and Fbody seats will probably bolt right in, but finding decent seats, and one's in the right color can be challenging. I've got a pair of Firebird seats for my wife's GP, they look like they will bolt right up.
There is a chance to even check out J-bodies (Cavaliers, Sunbirds) that might have seats close to matching the Strato's (RPO A51) used in our cars. Knowing there are few around but they all did come with buckets only.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor